Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downloading/uploading

Poster
    when people upload of me does it slow down my download ?

also another thing that i need help with, lateley ive only been able to download at around 1kb and only from 1 source, it will start of with 5 but stay on connecting, then when it starts downloading it stays at 1 source.

please help i dont want to wait 118hours for each episode i download.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    i've found that unless i'm uploading at 85% or more of my upload bandwidth, my downloads are unaffected...

(i'm using 512/256 adsl)
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    but im on dialup

im sharing over 16gb of music and over 8gb of movies.
    and theres always more then 15 people downloading from me, i was just wondering if they are slowing me down, because im on dialup its slow enuff i dont want people slowing me down even more. i was thinknig of making a maximum of 5 people downloading from me.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by huuramis@4 October 2003 - 16:47
    but im on dialup
    well, unless you provided details of your setup, i could hardly predict...

you should be able to upload at about 1-2kB/sec with no real dent in download performance

edit: limit the number of uploads to one or two, max

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    ok kool.

do you have any idea why i can only download of 1 person now ? its started doing this to me about 1 week ago. i can only download at about 1kb a sec and from 1 source. its extremely anoying

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by huuramis@4 October 2003 - 16:51
    ok kool.

do you have any idea why i can only download of 1 person now ? its started doing this to me about 1 week ago. i can only download at about 1kb a sec and from 1 source. its extremely anoying
    depending on the rarity of the file, it&#39;s possible there may be only one person who has the file and has a current upload slot available

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    nah because what happens is, it will have 5 or more sources but it will be stuck on connecting, then i will go down to 1 source and start to download, it will find more sources every now and then but will always stay on connecting and never actually downlaod from them, its like my speed up is working in reverse.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    the sources shown are most likely people who have the file, but have no current upload slots

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    =( damnit

ive been downloading under 1kb for ages.

i might be gettin adsl soon so its ok.

also do you know any good dialup modem tweaks ? to boost the download speeds?

i used to be able to download at a solid 5-6kb before, but is there any tweaks to boost the download to say 7 or 8kb?

10. Lounge   -   #10
    i never found any good tweaks for 56k

people have reported bad download speeds in kazaa for a while (myself included)

what download speeds do you get from servers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast