Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Best movies tracker

n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    I love how people will say PT* then P*N, then maybe a couple *TN's while we're at it? Cause its *so* hard to figure out a trackers initials...

I would have to say that PTP and TC are easily the best movie trackers by content. And having an invite forum for power users (which only can be achieved by uploading torrents) is a great way to increase content.

But if you're only looking for more recent torrents 0day sites should get them quicker and with better speeds on the torrents.

KG and cinemageddon for really obscure movies.

And as for PTN, I just feel like it's overrated. Anyone who chooses it, unless they really *genuinely* enjoy the community, is just another typical level seeker. Especially for people who aren't on the tracker, if you cite PTN I feel like it just really demonstrates how you're level-oriented =/. Less users = less peers = less activity = slower torrents. Not to mention theres no way they manage to match the content found on bigger sites with more users that can upload. Meh.
    use of the word 'level' in context of PTN made me lol.
    just posted to say this.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Level, rarity, whatever you want to call it.

If you think my post is flawed, I would be more then happy to hear what you have to say...

Cause posting "just posting to say lol to your post" makes for so much discussion
    Last edited by Rart; 09-05-2009 at 10:58 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    9NINE's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i vote for cinematik (yaa I like old ones )

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Ptn ftw

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Sparx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    ptp is a really good movie tracker.
    Last edited by Sparx; 09-06-2009 at 12:09 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    vpg8000's Avatar Your mom's fave BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    PTP is my favorite now. Great speeds, awesome selection and nice layout.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Level, rarity, whatever you want to call it.

If you think my post is flawed, I would be more then happy to hear what you have to say...

Cause posting "just posting to say lol to your post" makes for so much discussion
    I hate posting seriously here, but I will for a moment. PtN is really not hard to join at all anymore. We open up the external application all the time and get alot of members who aren't in all the "l337" sites too. All you have to do is demonstrate a basic understanding of how to behave and actually use the trackers you are a member of.

Lets be frank here, small user base does not = rare, high level, or hard to get into. Just that we don't care about having 10,000 seedboxes. We care about a low pressure environment to have fun and torrent at the same time.

I will grant you that content wise we are not at the top of the pile, but we aren't trying to be. Pretimes mean dick to me and the same most surely goes for a good portion of our active userbase.

The problem with ALL threads like this, is that they are all explicitly subjective. It asks for an opinion, yours as valid as anyone elses, so knocking other peoples answers to a thread question like this is a bit self-centered imho(no offense, but I call them as I see them) and to classify anyone who says my site as a level seeker only serves to demonstrate that you think your opinion is the only one that counts.

As a side note, alot of the folks posting that they prefer PtN are in fact active in the community there so they, by your own nebulous standard, are entitled to say as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    xJohnxSmithx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I joined PtN a while ago and have never had a need for any other movie trackers. So i guess PtN is my favorite by default.
    cheers

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Contentwise, Goem and KG are the best. And there's always Demonoid.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post

I hate posting seriously here, but I will for a moment. PtN is really not hard to join at all anymore. We open up the external application all the time and get alot of members who aren't in all the "l337" sites too. All you have to do is demonstrate a basic understanding of how to behave and actually use the trackers you are a member of.

Lets be frank here, small user base does not = rare, high level, or hard to get into. Just that we don't care about having 10,000 seedboxes. We care about a low pressure environment to have fun and torrent at the same time.

I will grant you that content wise we are not at the top of the pile, but we aren't trying to be. Pretimes mean dick to me and the same most surely goes for a good portion of our active userbase.

The problem with ALL threads like this, is that they are all explicitly subjective. It asks for an opinion, yours as valid as anyone elses, so knocking other peoples answers to a thread question like this is a bit self-centered imho(no offense, but I call them as I see them) and to classify anyone who says my site as a level seeker only serves to demonstrate that you think your opinion is the only one that counts.

As a side note, alot of the folks posting that they prefer PtN are in fact active in the community there so they, by your own nebulous standard, are entitled to say as much.
    Thank you for your opinion, it's better than an "i post just to lol at ur post, lol"

I realize that if anyone really was set out on getting PtN, and they were a decent torrenter with a good grasp of how to be a good user and fill out the application form, they should be able to make it. The problem is that for the majority of torrenters, the app form seems too daunting and scary, and most collectors probably wouldn't even be able to supply adequate answers anyway and probably got rejected. As with any tracker though, seeing this kind of daunting task promotes one idea (even if its not entirely true): rarity.

And as with any other tracker, this turns into a never ending cycle of massive hyping for the tracker. People start to believe (just like for ukt or fsc or ftwr, which really don't want/need new members) that the sites are amazing and the holy grail of torrenting. People gravitate towards threads like these or "top 10 trackers" threads and start posting long lists of trackers they "like", which end up being a congolmerate of rare trackers they've never been on, just to suck up to the tracker. And then they label it such as PT* or P*N, which honestly in my opinion just exemplifies how they think this is a l33t and secretive tracker. Sure, you don't want your full name revealed but do they really think the tracker is so l33t people wont even know the initials?

I don't mean to insult anyone, I just feel like a lot of the posts earlier from less active members smelt of collecting and rarity without most of the people realizing what PtN really offers (although I can very likely be wrong, I'm sure the vast majority of the people actually in your tracker love the community, or else they wouldn't have filled out such a massive app ).

And as a side note, I don't care at all what you call me, self centered or whatever, as long as you explain why you think so
    Last edited by Rart; 09-06-2009 at 05:58 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast