Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap ass off shore hosting/seedbox

beansis's Avatar Pussy Liquor
    sorry to repost, I had this posted in a different section while I couldn't post here but I wasn't really getting any replies

So . . . After looking around for different ways to securely download, I've decided that it would be worthwhile to rent a seedbox or an offshore hosting service so I could securely download via ftp. I am looking for something on which I could set up jdownloader and a download manager for direct downloads and go6 and SABnzbd+ for free IPv6 usenet, in addition to the torrent programs. I would prefer to have my budget around $5-10/month. Obviously I am going to have to make some compromises with that kind of price, but I am willing to put up with it.

What I would like:

20gb+ storage
    250gb+ bandwidth(I would really like unlimited)
    ftp encrypted connection
    remote control
    100mbit/s
    etc. . . (whatever else I can reasonably get?)

From my research my best options would right now be either

seedbox.cc or offshorehost.nl

Does anyone have any experience with either of these two hosts?

Also, I would really appreciate some advice on this whole matter and recommendations for other hosts. I really rarely ever torrent because I don't want to seed from my home connection, but in general I am looking a way to hide my downloads

Thanks . . .
    Last edited by beansis; 09-06-2009 at 08:25 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Seedbox Provider
    You should look into xirvik, feral hosting & fastsh.it to see how their prices and products compare, I know they all offer unlimited bandwidth and storage limits can be very high up to 1TB for under $80usd.
    Last edited by Six66Mike; 09-06-2009 at 10:06 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I'm using offshorehost.nl for my website hosting and they allow most of everything, even rapidleech for private use. I like them they have a good support and dont have downtown since i bought from them which is almost a month now. I dont know about seedbox I should ask them too. If they can offer that i might as well buy from them again.
    BTW do feralhosting also have a seedbox plan i cant seem to find it in their website.
    Last edited by thianpa; 09-06-2009 at 10:29 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Seedbox Provider
    Just click Compare Plans on their front page.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    thanks for the replies, but I looking for something small right now
    as I stated above, I pretty much never torrent because I don't want to seed from my home location. I am mainly looking for a method do be able to download to a distant server (or seedbox, or whatever) whether it be through direct download, torrent, or usenet, and then securely ftp to my home location.

xirvik, feral hosting, fastsh.it, seedplace.eu are all a bit expensive for me - I'm looking to spend no more than $10/month

Now that I think about it 200GB a month transfer or even less would probably be enough since I don't plan on seeding much - I'm not on any private trackers right now and to me they seem like time consuming and a pain
    I could also get a lot of downloads securely through usenet, but the problem is everything else

as far a price range, seedbox.cc and ultraseeds seem like the best option, but I don't know whether I'll be able to set up all my desired programs or if they're strictly for torrenting
    seedboxup also seems attractive, but apparently thats a scam
    oh and maybe seedbox.me but it doesn't seem that good of a deal

@thianpa, I don't think offshorehost.nl offers seedbox, but couldn't you just install a torrent client? . . . sorry if i'm somewhat of a noob, but could you explain to me the difference between buying from a hosting company vs seedbox company, for example if I wanted to buy from offshorehost.nl would I have to purchase a vps(which is too expensive) in order for me to get all my desired functionality and install the download programs or is the shared hosting enough?

I was looking around for hosting options and, in general, they are quite a bit cheaper than seedboxes, but I am completely unfamiliar with how they work. I decided to try out freehostingwebsite.co.cc and it seems like they only offer web hosting, but they do have the option of ftp, which I don't really understand?? Also, how exactly does cPanel work? I'm just looking for something simple. . .
    Last edited by beansis; 09-06-2009 at 11:37 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Seedbox Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by beansis View Post
    I'm not on any private trackers right now
    I don't think you need a seedbox then. What sites do you plan on downloading from, because I haven't heard of a seedbox provider who allows downloading from public sites.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Six66Mike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beansis View Post
    I'm not on any private trackers right now
    I don't think you need a seedbox then. What sites do you plan on downloading from, because I haven't heard of a seedbox provider who allows downloading from public sites.
    I would download from sites like rapidshare or megaupload. I want to be able to do this remotely and then securely transfer my downloads to my home or school location, since direct download hosts do not offer SSL encryption. I would also like to set up free IPv6 to remote download so i can have free access to usenet that would be encrypted. However, i am interested in getting into torrenting once i have the option to seed or leech - remotely. I am not willing to seed or leech from my home connection.

If a seedbox is not right for me, then what is?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I would download from sites like rapidshare or megaupload.
    Then i think your best bet is not a seedbox right now. Its a rapidleech scripts. You can download from rapidshare, megaupload,etc remotely and upload remotely, all of these. You can even rename, rar/unrar them(most of them provide this) look around for company that allows rapidleech.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by thianpa View Post
    I would download from sites like rapidshare or megaupload.
    Then i think your best bet is not a seedbox right now. Its a rapidleech scripts. You can download from rapidshare, megaupload,etc remotely and upload remotely, all of these. You can even rename, rar/unrar them(most of them provide this) look around for company that allows rapidleech.
    ok i think you've cleared some things up for me
    i guess im looking for rapidleech hosting that also allows torrenting - not quite sure what to do about the IPv6 tunneling for usenet tho
    the rapidleech website advertised badiduniya.com, which seems to be more or less what i'm looking for

do you guys know any similar sites?
    and how, in my case, would using rapidleech be different from jdownloader?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    dostn jdownloader just downloads from your own net? Rapidleech is all remote. Meaning you need a host. You download to your host and store your files there, you can even upload to another file host using your host.Try googling rapidleech and you'll find your answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast