Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what if you had stayed with your first tracker only?

LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by c0pyr1ght View Post
    Imagine what it would be like if you had stayed only with the first tracker you discovered. Assume that you would have no knowledge of other trackers even existing, let alone being able to compare the content or speeds or whatever.
    You are in fact almost exactly describing the first 3 years of my torrenting life on Aradi and yes I was both happier and more content.
    Agreed with IdolEyes787 said, demonoid was my first tracker and I was happy with that.
    Last edited by LubTheStaringCat; 09-10-2009 at 10:33 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I wouldn't still be on my first site, or second for that matter. My needs drove me to find more sources. True, later, after finding FST, that wasn't all that drove me, curiosity was introduced as well.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    My first was Demonoid and I guess I don't fit the norm here. I am quite happy checking 10 sites, to find where I can get the best quality encode of a movie, or juggling 5 different music trackers to find that FLAC/LOG/CUE I want.

But taking into account, that you said if I didn't know any other trackers (and qualities) existed, then yes, I would be happy with my crap 192Kbps mp3 albums and 700MB scene releases

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    My needs change over time. My first tracker cannot accommodate my needs.
    Last edited by TP635; 09-11-2009 at 12:18 AM.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Nice topic OP.

If I would have stayed with my first tracker then I would be seriously limiting myself to only one type of content since it was BCG.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    If i had stayed on with my first tracker,i would have had the largest p0rn collection ever and feds looking everywhere to gimme a blowjob.
    They open signups faster than swepsycho changes his list of most wanted trackers.Their speeds put ScT to shame. no kidding.
    The tracker is T-D. (Too bad it was the only tracker i ever "buffered", and the 800GiB buffer became such a waste. :-/)

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I'd have a great ratio that's for sure , sometimes the devil you know is better than the one you don't .

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    My needs change over time. My first tracker cannot accommodate my needs.
    That would be your wants unless the trackers that you're on distribute more than files.

Personally I'm happy if I can just find something relatively entertaining to watch or catchy to listen to. Doesn't even have to be the best copy. Being FLAC or blue-ray as far as I know never improved the script or penned a better melody . Goods good regardless of the encode.

I also think if I ever really needed anything that badly I'd buy it.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 09-11-2009 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    I'd be without a tracker because my first one was Suprnova.

Spoiler: Show

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    what if you had stayed with your first tracker only?
    I will upload something on it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast