Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Xirvik trial review

Does anyone know what hard drives the Gigaplan uses? and if there in raid etc...

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Are these OVH boxes?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Scytalle's Avatar ...Pariah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Are these OVH boxes?
    yes, I had an issue on one of my trackers and then found out that they are ovh resellers.
    Last edited by Scytalle; 10-12-2009 at 11:40 PM.
    RiP bittorrent trackers, your age is ending
    -

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Scytalle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Are these OVH boxes?
    yes, I had an issue on one of my trackers and then found out that they are ovh resellers.
    We use OVH as well as other datacenters. OVH is in France and we have servers in other countries as well.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    some guy got a DMCA takedown letter
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-fil...ox-host-372764

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by kondrae View Post
    Yes. And this only happens to Xirvik users :-)

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    How is this Xirviks fault lol? you think seedbox hosts are immune to the law? If the person is choosing to seed protected copyright material theres always a chance of DMCA letters.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by xirvflux View Post
    Yes. And this only happens to Xirvik users :-)
    let me guess American DC use E.U peeps

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    I picked up a dedi box today and I must say the speeds are excellent. I really like the interface options and the other bells and whistles you get with the service. The customer service is very friendly so far and got my box very very fast. I know it is early but my first impression is very positive.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster
    I have been using Xirvik for about 4 months. I have a dedicated server package for 3 months for less than $50 per month. Customer service has been quick and effective.

I have improved my ratio at one tracker from 1:1 to 5.5:1. I have downloaded 2TB total, and uploaded about 11 TB total, so I have a margin of around 9 TB. This was pretty easy to do.

I have never downloaded torrents I was not interested in keeping. But I discovered that new torrents are best... after a few weeks there is little or no activity on the torrents.

One particular torrent was about 20Gb. I have uploaded almost 1 TB just on this one torrent. I got in on the right time. I have a few other torrents of similar size... 10gb to 20gb... and they have uploaded around 400gb.

I consider a torrent successful if I can upload 100gb. Whether the torrent is 1gb or less, or in the 2gb to 4gb range... it is pretty easy to seed to 100gb.

If you have a constricted upstream at home... consider a seed box. I am happy that I have improved my ratio at two trackers.

I use an FTP program (FileZilla because it was free) to bring my data home from the seed box. My speeds are really quite acceptable, but I do not know now to judge my download speeds. When I want to bring my data to my house I find that I must turn off all seeding on my dedicated box and focus on getting my data free from errors. But this does not take long so it is okay for me.

I have never yet created my own torrent. Just not interested at this point... and no need for it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast