Thread: Gta Vc Help

I just installed windows xp and then installed my copy of Vice city, I got off kazaa, and it wont Turn on. I have successfully installed and ran this copy of VC on my last os (windows ME) but cant get it to work on my win xp .
    I when I click it, it starts to load for a sec then stops with out any error message or anything. I thought it may be cd crack but I got a different one and the same thing. But it does try to load with the original exe untill it checks for the cd then says enter cd . Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks,

2. Games   -   #2
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    did u install vc right after installing win xp? maybe u should try and download direct x 9.0b (without it, no new games work) and while ur at it, download the latest video card drivers of the video card you have (if u got geforce: www.nvidia.com, if u got radeon: www.ati.com). hope that helped. vc runs just fine on my win xp pro .

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Games   -   #3
    Make sure you have Direct x 9.0b and the latest drivers for your graphics and audio, if so, make sure you meet these requirements.

800 MHz Intel Pentium III or 800 MHz AMD Athlon or 1.2GHz Intel Celeron or 1.2 GHz AMD Duron processor
    128 MB of RAM
    8 speed CD / DVD drive
    915 MB of free hard disk space (+ 635 MB if video card does NOT support DirectX Texture Compression)
    32 MB video card with DirectX 9.0 compatible drivers ("GeForce" or better)
    Sound Card with DirectX 9.0 compatible drivers

4. Games   -   #4
    Yea I got Dx 9.0b. That was one of the first things thit did when I installed XP. And as for my Ati 9000 graphic card, the drivers are the latest ATI drivers 3.7 and my computer is an AMD 2600 with 512mb ddr 3200 ram. And like I said before when I had my last os installed on this machine it worked perfectly.
    The only thing I could think of is it's windows, but I have not had a problem other then this.

5. Games   -   #5
    I just found out that if I login in the guest acount vice city will work . So it seams that something is wrong with my main login acount .
    so if any one had any ideas on the matter then I would be greatfull if you would share them with me

thanks