Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this guy serious?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    What part do you find hard to believe...that Wilson should be sanctioned or the south is full of barely disguised racists?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Do you see direct cause-and-effect here?

Is criticism of Obama off-limits to other-than-blacks?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    "Criticism"?

You call the spewing of filth from the right for the past summer "criticism"?
    Can you find a single example of similar behavior from a Democrat towards Bush?

Can you provide a single example of a President's birth being questioned, save for Obama's?
    Any examples of the President's religion being called into question?

Yelling out at a President- calling him a liar- while he delivers a speech to Congress is mere "criticism" to you?

You label batshit insane behavior "criticism" and continue to lower the bar for public discourse in America...well done, Kev.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    "Criticism"?

You call the spewing of filth from the right for the past summer "criticism"?

Can you provide a single example of a President's birth being questioned, save for Obama's?
    Any examples of the President's religion being called into question?

Yelling out at a President- calling him a liar- while he delivers a speech to Congress is mere "criticism" to you?

You label batshit insane behavior "criticism" and continue to lower the bar for public discourse in America...well done, Kev.

You're kidding, right?

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    No more so than you.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    惡魔的提倡者
    If the quote is anywhere near accurate I would have to disagree with Johnson.

I think the pointy hat brigade is more likely to ride the more Wilson is rebuked.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    I think the pointy hat brigade is more likely to ride the more Wilson is rebuked.
    Wilson is already being lionized by the right wingnuts who think that any rebuke is uncalled for, even the tepid and puerile apology he offered offends them.

Glen Beck, through his incredibly twisted logic, has somehow managed to condemn for Kanye West for his asshat behavior but turn Wilson into the poster boy for his moronic 912 project.
    To Beck and his followers a black man fucking with a white girl is much worse than a white representative dissing the President.

At this point, I see no reason to be cautious regarding the right.
    They've spent the entire summer showing exactly what they plan on doing and bi-partisanship ain't part of the plan.
    Kow-towing out of fear of a possible reaction is just showing weakness which will be exploited mercilessly.

No more Mr. Niceguy...treat 'em like the thugs they are.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Yes. How can you not remember Bush being called a liar by Pete Stark on the House floor in his last year? Not once, but twice. No one ever called for a Pete Stark rebuke that I recall, and that scenario was a big story.

I also don't agree with Joe Wilson speaking out in such a way towards the President in a public forum, much less a televised one. He offered an apology, and the recipient of the comment accepted it. There's nothing left to do, and I can assure you I would have the same opinion regardless of who it was.

You also need to consider why he barked out the comment. Wilson is on the committee that is writing that portion of the bill. He knows the information contained therein and better than perhaps anyone else in Congress (except for the other committee members). He has gone on a show or two since that night and has made it clear that Obama was flat out lying about government benefits not covering illegals. Think about how he felt as he sat there knowing full well the President was lying through his teeth to everyone in attendance and to the cameras.

EDIT: Well, he's "rebuked". Fucking petty bullshit. Makes the Dems look like the crybabies they are.
    Last edited by Skiz; 09-16-2009 at 04:30 AM.

yo

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Kanye West was just trying to get in Beyonce's pants.

He'd have been just as rude to another black girl.

Or maybe not - were his actions racist?

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast