Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Americans Roll Over On Command

LeGoMyFnLeg
    I have no doubt that you, Billy_Dean, will dismiss this as you seem to be limited in both character and comprehension.
    I wasn't far wrong was I?

It would seem that everyone else understands my concerns.
    You probably aren't aware of this and it may not even concern you but at one time there was a strong north american presence on this board. I'm sure you'll say now that it was the fear of the RIAA that drove them all away. I strongly disagree.
    I've watched as topic after topic was posted disingenuously and for no other reason than to paint a picture of americans as stereotypical warmongers, invaders, wife beaters, and whatever else you might trench out of some desperate search for dirt. I think we're all a little tired of it.

You may be overjoyed that the forum is shifting from an international membership to a primarily Europian membership but that's not how many others feel.

Allow us to exist here equally or declare your intentions now please. I think you'll find a pinned topic on this as you enter this part of the forum. I recommend you read it.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    BANNED
    Originally posted by LeGoMyFnLeg@6 October 2003 - 17:52
    I have no doubt that you, Billy_Dean, will dismiss this as you seem to be limited in both character and comprehension.
    I wasn't far wrong was I?

It would seem that everyone else understands my concerns.
    You probably aren't aware of this and it may not even concern you but at one time there was a strong north american presence on this board. I'm sure you'll say now that it was the fear of the RIAA that drove them all away. I strongly disagree.
    I've watched as topic after topic was posted disingenuously and for no other reason than to paint a picture of americans as stereotypical warmongers, invaders, wife beaters, and whatever else you might trench out of some desperate search for dirt. I think we're all a little tired of it.

You may be overjoyed that the forum is shifting from an international membership to a primarily Europian membership but that's not how many others feel.

Allow us to exist here equally or declare your intentions now please. I think you'll find a pinned topic on this as you enter this part of the forum. I recommend you read it.
    You can't gloss over your words, you had nothing to say, but said it anyway.

With all that is going on in the world at the moment, it's hardly surprising there are a lot of what you would perceive as anti-American threads. There are also a fair amount of anti-British government posts, mostly posted by Brits. So to point the blame on anyone for Americans deserting the forum is shit. It seems to me people are deserting KL in droves in general, and that has nothing to do with the forum.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Poster
    damn i am from america and i wish white America would shut the hell up and stop complaining. pretty soon i'll have to carry a ID that regard my brown skin and stating i was born in the US. they are wondering why people are transporting hispanic people thru tijuana or Arizona is cuz US is making it more scarce and that means the price per person is going higher and only rising the probability of them bring more people cuz they know they can ask for more money. my dad was illegal but he went throuogh the whole process and first got an Green Card then later got his citisinship and its not cheap thats why people rather just come accross the boarders then having to go thru all that. Tom Clancy has sayin "Freedom Is Not Free" and could not be more right.God Forbid anybody from Pakistan, Afganastan, Africa, Canada, Or Mexico come to USA for hopes of something better.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Poster
    I think the Government of the United Kingdom is doing an absolutely spiffing job of running the country.

On topic as I have previously stated, or at least hinted at, I can see no good reason for anyone not being willing to carry an identity caard, or indeed supply DNA and fingerprints.

It is only people with something to hide who would object.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I thought there already were id cards in the US, or is that at an individual State level?

In the UK, I am not sure what the difference between an id card and the new Euro driving licence with a photo is. It would seem that they are almost re-inventing the wheel. Why not incorporate the two and leave a bit blank for those who do not drive. Or is that too simple? DVLC already has the technology and the equipment for issuing the things and the experience of controlling the things. Can you just imagine the chaos a new department could cause?

Personally, ids don't bother me.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Originally posted by JPaul@7 October 2003 - 03:10
    I think the Government of the United Kingdom is doing an absolutely spiffing job of running the country.

On topic as I have previously stated, or at least hinted at, I can see no good reason for anyone not being willing to carry an identity caard, or indeed supply DNA and fingerprints.

hello JP. I have nothing to hide and with family's background of law enforcement and still object to the aditional items u mentioned, DNA & fingerprints. How did u conclude to such judgment?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by nikita69+6 October 2003 - 23:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nikita69 &#064; 6 October 2003 - 23:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@7 October 2003 - 03:10

hello JP. I have nothing to hide and with family&#39;s background of law enforcement and still object to the aditional items u mentioned, DNA & fingerprints. How did u conclude to such judgment? [/b][/quote]
    I have nothing to hide and as such am happy to leave my details with the authorities. That is what my conclusion is based on. I have no problem identifying myself to the police if they wish me to. Indeed it saves a lot of bother and time.

I genuinely think that it will decrease the crime levels and make it easier to identify people who do commit crime. As you have a law enforcement background you will realise that one of the big things is elimination.

Fingerprints for example. The SOCO may find 20 prints, they have to eliminate those which should be there, employees, family whatever. If they can do this quickly from records it saves a lot of time.

They are left with what should not be there. If there is also a record of everyone&#39;s print then it is easy to establish who the print which should not be there belongs to.

DNA samples for rape cases - speaks for itself.

What is your objection to this type of thing.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    I have sympathies with both arguments here. On the one hand there is a natural human desire for privacy and on the other hand a desire to help the police where necessary.

I suspect everyone has a certain dread that such a system could all go horribly wrong or at some point in the future fall into the hands of those who may set criteria less than fair (i.e. everyone who votes Green gets rounded up, phones tapped or whatever)

All things being equal I have, as I said, no problem, but I think I can see why ordinary law abiding people might be nervous.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Censuses are invasive enough. The government really has no business knowing if I use Zest or Lever 2000. Or what the daily income of my dog is. I sure as hell don&#39;t want them having immediate and easy access to everything else.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    MagicNakor

But what good did finding out that you use 25 gallons of zest a day and that your dog is on a 100,000 really do them?

I liked the idea that in the last census lots of people put Jedi down as their religion. I understand if that more than 100,000 register it as their religion it has to be included on the next census form. Anybody know if they were successful? Or was it just another urban myth?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast