Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trading BAD?

If you take the time to read the rules of mosts sites for invites it states they are for your friends.
    To me spking to some one once who has offered an invite does not make them a friend as no way do you know them.
    From that you cn conclude my thoughts on the matter
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    no matter what.. the traders will continue to trade. Fact.
    all we can do is keep an eye out on trackers being responsible members.. thats about it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    all we can do is keep an eye out on trackers being responsible members.. thats about it.
    So true n00bz0r
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    maverick_andy's Avatar broken heart... BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    BRo this is just awesome .. I think this is as relevant to Bit Torrent as The theory of relativity is to Physics ..
    Well done ... I just hope you dont die early like all the other prodigies as evident from the history..
    This is probably the dumbest thing I have read in a long, long time. So bad, in fact, that I am going to take nOObzOr's advice (see my sig for details).

Oh, BTW, this "theory" fails in philosophy (ethics) and also from a communications standpoint. Good luck with that MENSA app!
    another moron who think I am arguing with them. See the threads purpose then post your thoughts.

about
    Never argue with fools..they bring you down to their level & beat you with their experience..

some time even fools use this as their weapon to defend themselves
    Last edited by maverick_andy; 09-18-2009 at 03:33 PM.
    I've learned that it takes years to build up trust,
    and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I am proud to be a part of this communities.FSC|FST

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    This place has undergone a revolution of some sort,this is not how such threads have been conducted before.Usually there's vile bashing that in the end doesn't help any cause at all,so kudos peoples

I don't know why its titled as 'what.cd bullying forums' but hell WhatMan did an outstanding job here telling off this invite pusher forum,though am of the opinion that the main difference between invite gives and invite trades lies in the spirit.You give money to charity expecting nothing in return,thats you being generous,same as in giveaways.You do the same to a political party expecting some favor at the end,thats you being selfish, same as in trading.But if you are undergoing a moral crisis such that selfishness and generosity appear indistinguishable then you are accurate to infer both of them as honourable.
    If its an argument on security then both of them are flawed(though trading is more dangerous seeing that its driven by selfishness) and it all comes down to the level of caution applied(which in trading is near none coz of the selfishness factor same as with some horny teenage boy jumping in there without protection coz he is too horny to reach his back pocket for the rubber.Then before you know it,the girl's parents are democrats and the boy's family is whacked i.e republican).

Anyways here's the WhatMan thingy I was refering to
    http://pastebin.ca/1571049
    Last edited by sez; 09-18-2009 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Meeehh!

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    indeed, it completely depends on the way it is done.
    for example, many good KG users have no interest in talking about BT in external forums: being aware of the new trends and the complex ethical 'rules' that predominate in this kind of communities is the least of their worries... that's the reason why some of them trade invites to get into trackers they want to be a part of, and trust me, there's nothing evil in this approach. i mean, they don't trade for the fun and they generally aren't experienced in this practice... they simply consider trading as an exchange of friendly services and the fastest way to obtain what they are looking for, nothing more nothing less.
    unfortunately, most traders from bittorrent forums are into 'level escalation' and are perverted by all this importance people attach to trackers... it makes you wonder...
    Trading, swapping or whatever you call it has always been a part of society. Usually when there are prices involved, though. I bet if someone educated the people you're mentioning how easy it is to get into the trackers they want, they would have no need to trade.
    not that easy since you have to register in bt forums, "make friends" or suck the right dicks.
    you have to understand that some (good) bt users don't spend time into this kind of process.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    lisabritpop's Avatar godwillblesslisa

Trading disrespects the owners and staff who donate their time, energy, and (often) money. It also has the potential to allow in users who would otherwise not be welcome.
    ....I agree with you,m8....No one would take his risk of inviting a trader,I rly dont think traders will make great contributions with their efforts..

Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    thats just what i can do
    Last edited by lisabritpop; 09-18-2009 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends.....

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post

Trading, swapping or whatever you call it has always been a part of society. Usually when there are prices involved, though. I bet if someone educated the people you're mentioning how easy it is to get into the trackers they want, they would have no need to trade.
    not that easy since you have to register in bt forums, "make friends" or suck the right dicks.
    you have to understand that some (good) bt users don't spend time into this kind of process.
    I do understand that, but the thing is you don't have to suck dick. You should be able to get into those sites by just being yourself. I'm not talking about FST, that's for sure.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    true but some people have other things to do than registering and 'being themselves' in forums they're not interested in, just for an invite.
    as for myself, i find it understandable.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    true but some people have other things to do than registering and 'being themselves' in forums they're not interested in, just for an invite.
    as for myself, i find it understandable.
    Well, you've got a point there. Tbh, I was one of them a little over a year ago. It's just that I didn't resort to trading, I just figured I'd never get into tracker with invite systems that aren't open signup.

I'm not saying I don't understand them either. That doesn't change the fact that staffs don't like them trading, though.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast