Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things we hate about Windows....

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    • No folder memory. People have asked for this for years. Where is it?!
    • No native customization options for folders, drives, etc. Why do I have to download RocketDock, Objectbar, WindowBlinds, IconPackager, Rainmeter, Ultramon and AveDesk just to change the basic look of my desktop??
    • Microsoft.com - I go to see what the latest news is on Windows 7. I go to Microsoft.com and get a big popup about Bing. I don't even look at it. I find the corner and click the 'X'. No sooner do I do that does another very small popup appear in the top left corner; something about IE8. I tell it to fuck off and again hit the 'X'. I click the picture to "Take a Tour" of Windows 7. I'm then prompted to install some "Microsoft Silverlight" nonsense. Fuck that. Not doing it. No way Jose.
    • Everything native sucks.
      • Windows Media Player - Sucks. Do I really need to expand here? Does any one single person on this whole planet use WMP for all of their media needs?
      • Native UnZip tool. Sucks. The ever present "There is already a file with the same name..." when there isn't is one of the most annoying things ever in an OS. It's right up there with the permissions bullshit.
      • That brings me to my next point. Fuck permissions. You released like 5 or 6 different versions of Vista and you'll be releasing 7 versions of Windows 7. Will there be a l33t version for all of us who have used a computer more than four times in the last decade? Give grandma the edition with permissions and stay out of my way.
      • Native burning software. Sucks. I tested the burning software built into Windows 7 for a short time and it seemed ok, but I'm on Vista right and it sucks, same as it did for XP, for 98, 95.......
      • Internet Explorer. Sucks. Every fucking thing about it, sucks. Are you purposely trying to piss off everyone by making some of your pages not work in Firefox? FFS, aren't you a coding company??
    • Viruses. Fix it so we can't get viruses, trojans, malware, worms, and whatever else is out there or include a good (and unobtrusive) anti-virus with the OS. Or better yet, this is 2009 ffs... how about rebuilding the OS from the ground up. Windows is like 20 years old now and it seems like not much has changed except the UI. You can't fix a faulty program by throwing more features at it.

That's all for now. I'm sure I'll think of more.

Feel free to add your own.

yo

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    from which linux blog did you copy/paste this from?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    It wasn't copy and pasted at all fuckface.

That's simply some of the nonsense that was bugging me last night about Windows/Microsoft.

yo

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Well ever since I upgraded, I have the most annoying mouse gesture I can't turn off, and oh my monitor mutes itself after every restart so I have to manully un-mute it from the monitor, bullshit...he's my annoyances: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-sof...mouse-7-368756
    [center]

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I don't like it so much, but I'm way too lazy to change to another. Sorry

And btw, almost feels like you're gonna get murdered for having Windows nowadays...feels like some linux-extremist is going to break into your home, steal your computer, uninstall windows, install linux and get a "LINUX FTW"-wallpaper as background.
    Uhh, I'm getting paranoid.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    It wasn't copy and pasted at all fuckface.

That's simply some of the nonsense that was bugging me last night about Windows/Microsoft.
    Meh, agreed on some points, though what would be the fun having the perfect OS? there wouldn't be anyone developing excellent freeware for windows like there is now, and it would become stagnant.
    it's good flawed as it is.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Linux isn't that safe anymore, they just discovered bot-nets on Linux along with Mac, so there not invulnerable anymore.
    [center]

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I work with Windows and Windows users all day long and I must say, even though it has some of the worst quirks with things, I'll still use it over Linux as an every day OS.

I've tried my best for the past 3 years to use Linux as a primary OS and I finally got tired of the updates breaking my shit. I got tired of having to waste my time finding fixes all the time.

I'd love to have a Mac but we all know the reason why we can't own them: $$$$$.

At the end of the day, I can make Windows do what I want it to easily and I wind up with more time for other things. Now my users on the other hand . . . well, they want to solve world hunger with Word.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I really hate the win7 start menu , fuck me a chimp could of designed a better mouse trap .

Piss poor laptop power options , screen savers that did n't need third party apps to thrill me . Bla Bla . Get with the 64 bit apps but not Windows fault but make the fuck OEM Neel down at lest
    Last edited by peat moss; 09-20-2009 at 04:49 AM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Skiz,
    I tend to agree with you, but you did go a bit over the top.
    I would like folder memory (a lot)
    As for all those native things you don't like, years ago some of them were considered apps not part of the o/s.
    And when a company thinks up a new feature (app) Microsoft is pretty good at copying it or buying it and putting it in their OS.

An old DOS head from way back
    Last edited by digmen1; 09-21-2009 at 03:29 AM.
    What color is your Adkaf ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast