Thread: Tmpgenc Problem

i've been trying to convert a avi, but a error comes up once i start saying it failed Once ACM was started or initialised

Any help on this one?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    tmgenc will happily take a wav file, and acm is wav. If your feelin lucky, just rename the file from .acm to .wav. I have no idea if that would work. Re-encoding the acm to wav would definitely work though.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    its an avi file, not amc, but i have a promp message failed to load amc

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Try extracting the audio to wav with virtual dub, then use that as the audio source when you go to encode.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    an .avi is a container than can contain both audio and video, if tmpgenc is complaining about acm sound that sounds like your avi has acm sound but wait for more replies

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    thanks for the help, but it says it cant determin the file type when i try to load it in virtual dub

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    try running it thru gspot and providing a bit more information on audio and video codecs req then maybe someone can help ....another way to try this is to get avi audio decompressor here ...decompress the file you will get a large file ending in .pcm use this file in tmpgenc i find this easier than vdub