Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about BT

sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    There was a great tutorial on oink on being a good member of private trackers.
    whats your idea of a good member on a torrent site then?coz in my thinking,you can't put a bar on it and say that this is the exemplar for everyone else to look upon.
    On the site you patently staff on for example,community comes first or so i've heard and from that I can draw forum activity and IRC being key for anyone to be considered an ideal member.My question then begs,how do you think you are fairing as of this scenario?(90% participation being an A, anything below an F).

To draw a queer parallel,TL(as being a for files tracker)will prune this 10% who aren't using the tracker as its meant to be.It would be informative to know whether you live upto the brand and do actually indeed do something about your bad users as well.
    Well the tute I was talking about was more about explaining how ratios work and why it's important to give back what you take, basic stuff like that.

To answer your question I agree with you. I think there is no 'one' ideal type of member. Everybody does what they can. Some just download and help that way. Others seed till it bleeds and keep torrents alive. Some people might bring their fast pipes while others participate in the forums and IRC while some just live in the IRC and you never see them on the site hardly at all.

Every 'good' member just does what comes natural to them really and take part in the way they feel like. Just because someone doesn't want to take part in the forums doesn't make them a bad member lol it is a tracker after all. Conversely you could be the most well known member in the forums and IRC and if you piss all over the tracker by not sharing back what you take then you're still going to have a problem.

As for fsc well I guess we have a reputation for being 'community' based because we're small only about 1800 members and we like to encourage a community spirit in our forums and we actually believe in the moto sharing is caring. For us it's about sharing files and talking to people who share common interests or even just bring something interesting to the table. We do it for the love of it not the money or the ego or the fucking 1337 of it.

Above all though the site was founded on a policy of respect, so yes we've fostered a community but that doesn't mean you're a bad member if you don't want to participate in the forums and IRC we don't think about it like that at all. TBH I'd say only 20-30 percent of our members are active in the forums and even less on the IRC but our goal isn't to make sure every member is active in the community side. All we want is to provide a small, secure and private place for friends and friend of friends to share and if they wish they can have a chat about whatever they like.

As to your other point do we punish bad users, yes we do all the time. Though we actually try to work with people and give them a chance to step up before slamming the ban hammer down and no member is ever going to be punished for not taking part in the community side lol. We did prune a bunch of inactive members a while ago but that was people who hadn't logged on and they could all have their accounts back if they wanted.
    Last edited by sear; 09-25-2009 at 11:58 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #112
    Yeah, me
    This thread is not that different from cabalo's or albo's, you can take out the flames and the fun (just cause they are not organized) in those threads and they're pretty much like this one. Is the fact of being more organized or that i posted reason to make it epic? More pages?

[ironic] I use BT cause trackers have forum.php [/ironic]
    Ofc i use it to download stuff be it legal or not, since movies, TV, music, whatever, and also games for my homemates (the only game i like is NFS and i prefer to download the stuff they want rather than invite them to somewhere where they can get the stuff fast ). First cause TV shows air in PT 2 years after airing in US or UK and most part don't even air, second cause i prefer to download than to pay for it (with some exceptions ofc).

If any site fullfills my needs? well, if not i just try google (be it cause i can't find it anywhere be it cause it's being too slow and i may get some RS links for the same content

I'm happy with the trackers i'm a member/user of. As i sayd if i can't find it i just try google of ask to one of my friends (thought that usually are them the ones who ask me )

Politicts affect me just for the exclusive torrents but well, i just respect the rule (i'm happy that at least i can download that there).

Morals of BT? Keep the security in mind, respect the rules (even the stupid ones) and use common sense.

I like seedwhores (the people that is seeding when i download the torrent ) but i just don't give a damn shit to the ratiowhores (the people that download the torrent when it comes out just cause it's in the <imput category name here> and so it probably has more than <imput number of GBs here>)

<imput ramdon smile string here to spam the thread>
    Look, Frias posted

3. BitTorrent   -   #113
    Yoann64's Avatar El Niņo Fan
    To answer your question I agree with you. I think there is no 'one' ideal type of member. Everybody does what they can. Some just download and help that way. Others seed till it bleeds and keep torrents alive. Some people might bring their fast pipes while others participate in the forums and IRC while some just live in the IRC and you never see them on the site hardly at all.

Every 'good' member just does what comes natural to them really and take part in the way they feel like. Just because someone doesn't want to take part in the forums doesn't make them a bad member lol it is a tracker after all.
    You reassure me because I was beginning to think that I was really a bad member.
    Bienvenida Mamacita - I'm in ruta Babylon - Bienvenida La Juana - Tequila, sexo, marihuana. (M.Chao)

4. BitTorrent   -   #114
    BANNED

Every 'good' member just does what comes natural to them really and take part in the way they feel like. Just because someone doesn't want to take part in the forums doesn't make them a bad member lol it is a tracker after all.

5. BitTorrent   -   #115
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Frias View Post
    This thread is not that different from cabalo's or albo's, you can take out the flames and the fun (just cause they are not organized) in those threads and they're pretty much like this one. Is the fact of being more organized or that i posted reason to make it epic? More pages?
    Word per post ratio maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

6. BitTorrent   -   #116
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Are we all having fun yet?

Last edited by killercam101; 09-25-2009 at 11:04 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #117
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    The difference in this thread, as opposed to one's started by those named and others, is that the intent here is on debate, exploration and invitation to anyone wanting a good convo - see where it goes so to speak - rather than some veiled and cynical means to poke fun, flame, or pursue an agenda.

It's been an interesting read so far. Thanks to the op for opening it up
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

8. BitTorrent   -   #118
    Swepsycho's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by killercam101 View Post
    Are we all having fun yet?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA never make when i see u..... i see u.... fst is filesharing.....no pictureforum....

9. BitTorrent   -   #119
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post
    The difference in this thread, as opposed to one's started by those named and others, is that the intent here is on debate, exploration and invitation to anyone wanting a good convo - see where it goes so to speak - rather than some veiled and cynical means to poke fun, flame, or pursue an agenda.

It may sound like bullshit, but I really do get alot of happiness from this game, and really only want the best for all involved. The more input the better, and yes I have made great efforts to try to keep this thread interactive. It's always a joy to see people, who have the experience that newbs don't, explain how they see things. It can only serve to better the quality of user that all trackers get and that makes everyones experience more positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

10. BitTorrent   -   #120
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post

It may sound like bullshit, but I really do get alot of happiness from this game, and really only want the best for all involved. The more input the better, and yes I have made great efforts to try to keep this thread interactive. It's always a joy to see people, who have the experience that newbs don't, explain how they see things. It can only serve to better the quality of user that all trackers get and that makes everyones experience more positive.
    I'd just like to add that I wouldn't mind newbs respond to this thread. No so that I can bash them, but with the intention to see how they see things. Maybe by knowing that the staffers can see which aspects of BT need to be further emphasized...

Or maybe it's just me.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast