Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Z

Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    dbz's cool

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Poster
    nothing's wrong with DBZ, also it was my second anime after speed racer ofcource

proud to be american

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@5 October 2003 - 23:08
    portrayal of young girls as sexual objects
    dbz doesnt do this at all.
    ive seen some of dbgt and it doesnt do it either, but i havent seend dragon ball so i dont know if thats what your talking about.

oh wait, are you talking about onegai teacher and onegai twins when you say this?

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    i hate DBZ because they spend 2 episodes deciding to fight, then they spend 3 episodes training for the fight, then they spend 2 episodes staring at each other, finally they start to fight, well kinda, they stand there screaming for another episode then they start, beginning with an episode of punching backward and forwards, then the next episode is kicking each other across the planet, the next episode is more screaming, then some stuff blows up, more screaming, then someone dies, and then comes back to life, more screaming, and so on
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@6 October 2003 - 12:39
    i hate DBZ because they spend 2 episodes deciding to fight, then they spend 3 episodes training for the fight, then they spend 2 episodes staring at each other, finally they start to fight, well kinda, they stand there screaming for another episode then they start, beginning with an episode of punching backward and forwards, then the next episode is kicking each other across the planet, the next episode is more screaming, then some stuff blows up, more screaming, then someone dies, and then comes back to life, more screaming, and so on
    thats what i like about dbz. the power ups and so on look awesome.

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by huuramis+6 October 2003 - 11:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (huuramis @ 6 October 2003 - 11:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DarthInsinuate@6 October 2003 - 12:39
    thats what i like about dbz. the power ups and so on look awesome. [/b][/quote]
    And that&#39;s why older folks like me DON&#39;T like it.
    That&#39;s why there&#39;s 200+ episodes (they&#39;re long and drawn out)
    I&#39;m older school.
    I stick with the old Transformers, GI Joe, Inhumanoids, even Flintstones.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    Poster
    seem to me like most of you are are confused.
    first you say you dont like the fast paced animations and so on. then you say the episodes drag on and are to slow.
    i like transformers too, those guys will always be cool.

I see some ppl like onegai teacher too, namely huuramis i have all 13 episodes on SVCD (it kicks ass&#33;&#33
    i would of bought them on dvd too, exept no stores over here stock japanese animes. they mostly only stock americanised anime. i asked to order some japanese anime but then the price jumped from 35&#036; ( americanised dvd, in aus money ) to 40-50&#036; ( japanese dvd, aus money )

have you seen the onegai twins series? that was just as good as onegai teacher.
    im up to onegai twins episode 9 now.

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Only in a Processor.
    Originally posted by huuramis@6 October 2003 - 12:10
    seem to me like most of you are are confused.
    first you say you dont like the fast paced animations and so on. then you say the episodes drag on and are to slow.
    i like transformers too, those guys will always be cool.

I see some ppl like onegai teacher too, namely huuramis i have all 13 episodes on SVCD (it kicks ass&#33;&#33
    i would of bought them on dvd too, exept no stores over here stock japanese animes. they mostly only stock americanised anime. i asked to order some japanese anime but then the price jumped from 35&#036; ( americanised dvd, in aus money ) to 40-50&#036; ( japanese dvd, aus money )

have you seen the onegai twins series? that was just as good as onegai teacher.
    im up to onegai twins episode 9 now.
    ONEGAI TWINS?? YEAH&#33; more to watch&#33;&#33;. I got the versions of Onegai Teacher off of kazaa, and they are pretty much as good as the dvd&#39;s. Each one runs about 200,000 KB. They&#39;re very awesome quality, and the subs are definitely the best I&#39;ve ever seen.

40-50?? Your getting ripped off. I live near Grand Forks. And they have an Anime Store there. They basicly have every anime you could ever buy there.
    Only in a computer will I find happiness.

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    Poster
    I never liked DB at all, not since the first time I saw it (back in the late 80&#39;s). The show din&#39;t give me anything. Awful animation, not my kind of thing anywhere in the series. So, I never bothered with seeing the rest (I doubt I ever will, too much good stuff to see ^_^)

As for Onegai Twins. IMHO it doesn&#39;t come even close to Onegai Teacher. But that&#39;s me =) If you like that kind of stuff, have a go at Love Hina. I recommend the manga tho, it&#39;s better than the anime, but it&#39;s still worth watching the anime.

btw, I think you&#39;d probably also like Mahoromatic, have a at the manga as well.

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    i dont care about what everyone else say, but dbz&#39;s animation is great and having the skills to draw decent dbz animations is always a plus for me.

ps: anyone here likes Saint Seiya? it&#39;s great, and the new Hades saga is just awesome&#33;

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast