Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Legalization of marijuana and jobs?

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    That is ludacris, not one accident to my knowledge has ever been reported because the guy/gal was stoned, I'm telling the truth to, never heard of it. I've heard of people getting into accidents or killing them self, because they took their prescription medication and went to the store/where ever and got messed up from the wreck. Smoking and driving doesn't impair you, never heard of a roadie
    [center]

2. Lounge   -   #32
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I was just reading about the new 'distracted driver' law that we have here in Ontario taking effect at the end of the month. It's to do with texting, dialing, etc. your cell phone while driving.

But in the article I noticed this:
    The study, done by the Royal Automobile Club foundation, looked at a group of drivers between 17 and 24, and discovered reaction times deteriorated when reading, writing or even ignoring text messages by more than one-third, or 35 per cent. The same drivers were only 12-per-cent slower when legally drunk and 21-per-cent slower while under the influence of marijuana.
    Interesting that they found that people who were high had much worse reaction times than those who were legally drunk (blood alcohol level 0.08 for Ontario).
    I wouldn't have ever thought that.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i don't believe that either.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Blood alcohol level of .08 is a drink or two for some people. A person does not have to drink much to put he/she on the wrong side of the law but think about someone who smokes a few joints in a 2 hour time peroid and drives a motor vehicle compared to someone who drinks ten shot of patron in a few hours. Both are a risk on the road but the smoker would probably have better hand to eye coordination, be able to drive safer. There is no way to tell if someone was high and driving unless the car smells of smoke as weed stays in one's system for 30 days. Hard to really determine if that is ever a cause of a accident.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    It's a given, scientific fact that you're impaired whilst driving under the influence of alcohol.

But it's fucking incredibly naive to say that you're not impaired under the influence of weed.

Fuck sake, sometimes I can barely find my arse when I'm wopped. I had trouble finding the fucking shift key just now. I know people who drive stoned all the time and I'd rather they didn't. It's just a matter of time before you fuck up. Complacency, in this case, could lead to death. Either your own, another driver, or some 5 year old frolocking happily oblivious outside its home.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    I am not saying that someone who smokes will not be impaired driving. Some can not drive at all,some can as you said. It is a risk with both. Depends on the individual. How much they can handle. 3 or 4 drinks for me and I can't drive well.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    That wasn't really directed towards yourself, Pone.

More in the direction of Sons Of Liberty, who has posted wiser things in the past.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    Blood alcohol level of .08 is a drink or two for some people. A person does not have to drink much to put he/she on the wrong side of the law but think about someone who smokes a few joints in a 2 hour time peroid and drives a motor vehicle compared to someone who drinks ten shot of patron in a few hours. Both are a risk on the road but the smoker would probably have better hand to eye coordination, be able to drive safer.
    Yes I know that's why I added in the .08 part.
    It was just to try and show that being high gives a worse result than being legally considered 'under the influence of alcohol'.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Very true. Since it is a man made law and marijuana is illegal. A DUI is not as frowned upon by society (Jobs) as possession of marijuana. It also depends on the amount of alcohol in somebody's system or the amount of weed, if arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    Yes I know that's why I added in the .08 part.
    It was just to try and show that being high gives a worse result than being legally considered 'under the influence of alcohol'.
    That is a little ridiculous. If i go have two beers at a bar leave right away and get pulled over, I would probably be over the limit even if i was not drunk. People are treated harshly for smoking and it is no better than drinking. They both have their downfalls.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    beansis's Avatar Pussy Liquor
    I think fast food is worse for you than teh tac

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast