Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filter movies

I would like to search for 1080p movies which are NOT MKV Files. How do I filter this in my search?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Use the + or - symbols to filter, if you don't want mkv results just put -mkv with your search terms.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Interesting thing you say, but have you tried it out?

The search cannot filter mkv because no one puts that in the title of the movie. What I found out is that most mkv movies has x264 in the title.

Even so when I try p.e. "transformers -x264" I get all the x264 movies, so the search doesn't support those filter options or I'm doing something wrong.....

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    $SnoopDo2G$'s Avatar Don Doggy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    It depends what extension u need at the end ?

Like .ts or .avi or whut ?

also most of 1080 movies will be in .mkv so it's like asking to have a toliet but without flush...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    What I'm looking for is 1080p wmv or ac3 files. I run Tversity from my pc to watch these movies on my ps3. My ps3 doesn't recognize mkv.

And it's not asking for a toilet without a flush.....it's more asking for a toilet with a golden lid....

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    beansis's Avatar Pussy Liquor
    cant you just take the video content out of the mkv file? it is a container, afterall

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by beansis View Post
    cant you just take the video content out of the mkv file? it is a container, afterall
    Yep. Dead easy.

Have you had a look at the PS3 Media Server

BTW: AC3=Audio

I prefer the container MP4 over WMV, so I just change the container

Have a look at this.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/arch...ystation_3.cfm
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    $SnoopDo2G$'s Avatar Don Doggy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Farroc View Post
    What I'm looking for is 1080p wmv or ac3 files. I run Tversity from my pc to watch these movies on my ps3. My ps3 doesn't recognize mkv.

And it's not asking for a toilet without a flush.....it's more asking for a toilet with a golden lid....
    LOL

I got also a ps3 and i watch all my shit just by changing sumfin quick
    with that tool tsmuxer http://www.smlabs.net/tsmuxer_en.html

And it does the job real quick then for the audio if it need a convert i use this:

dts2ac3 http://forum.videohelp.com/topic323554.html#1671390

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Thnx guys. I'm noob at this. P.e. I didn't know you could just change the container of a movie. I'm gonna have a look at the links you guys posted.
    Thnx again

---
    Edit
    ---

I read the forum about dts2ac3...seems like it doesn't always work...but I'll give it a try soon 'cause I muxed a mkv file and it played.....w/o sound.

I'm also gonna try that PMS.
    Last edited by Farroc; 10-04-2009 at 03:33 AM.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    @ IloveNZB: PS3 Media Server works pretty damn good! Thnx for the tip. Only problem I encountered was that I didn't know how to enable UPnP on my pc and router. It took me several hours to understand and make it work. But it finally paid off. I have tried MKV's also and works fine!

Thanks again guys for the tips

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast