Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Rap is awesome!

..... BT Rep: +2
    Who are your favorite hip hop/Rnb artists at the moment? All famous people can be selfish,bragging in their lyrics but I guess it is what people want to hear(not me).

Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post

Right:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUkLCF_Ny-s (example of how much of an asshole he can be, I was at that show)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha80ZaecGkQ&feature=av2e (clearly he doesn't make music for money, right?)

There are very few rappers that stand above the rest, and none that have surpassed tupac. Say what you will, the ratings and memories speak for themselves.
    Everyone love 2pac.
    Last edited by pone44; 08-19-2010 at 04:16 AM.

2. Music   -   #52
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    Who are your favorite hip hop/Rnb artists at the moment? All famous people can be selfish,bragging in their lyrics but I guess it is what people want to hear(not me).
    Ne-Yo, Trey Songz, Jay Sean, Brandy... I could go on and on about artists that maintain their integrity, while keeping a level of quality that others seem to willingly discard. Eminem used to click into the former description until his new album came out and he changed what he was about for 15 minutes of fame.

EDIT: By the way, I may not make it apparent, but I actually respect the kind of person you are a fair bit (you're not egotistic at all/easy to talk to etc.), so sorry if it seems I'm nitpicking/being annoying towards you.
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 08-19-2010 at 04:44 AM.
    Ellipses go here.

3. Music   -   #53
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    I didn't notice. It is cool. Thank you.I like all the artists you mention except Brandy. She has made a few good songs. I haven' t heard any of her new albums.Rap is turning into a 80's/pop music mix.
    Jim Jones,who is supposed to be a rapper and all his new songs are like that, Kanye West style beats mixed with club music. I admit I like some of them like Kid Cudi,Crooked I,Drake(not all of his music),too many Rnb artist to name. All Rnb is turning into a rock/pop mix.
    Eminem's last album was really good. A little sick of it now but it was the best album that has came out this year,my opinion.

Ne-Yo, Trey Songz, Jay Sean, Brandy... I could go on and on about artists that maintain their integrity, while keeping a level of quality that others seem to willingly discard. Eminem used to click into the former description until his new album came out and he changed what he was about for 15 minutes of fame.

EDIT: By the way, I may not make it apparent, but I actually respect the kind of person you are a fair bit (you're not egotistic at all/easy to talk to etc.), so sorry if it seems I'm nitpicking/being annoying towards you.

4. Music   -   #54
    I can only but agree with you. The pattern has been gradually increasing. Starting with T.I. to Chris Brown to all the modern day active artists; the rock integration into the genre is unmistakeable, but it is where it's inevitably heading, as a rock ballad playing in the background will always be more favorable to the mass populace, as opposed to a simple drum beat and vocal nirvana. The days of Timbaland ruling over the beats are over, and sadly everyone wants inspired mixes to the tune of the new Eminem/Kanye disc. I won't admit I didn't like it, but I also thought Em sold a piece of his soul out to get that extra mile of fame.

Brandy is a unique one. I actually think she's an incredibly gifted artist, but her problem is song choice. If you ever drop by youtube and check out her one-take studio demos, they are all beyond amazing; however, somewhere between that and her final production releases, the talent is sucked right out of her. She's a prime example of an artist fight a losing battle between innovation and being limited due to what the masses decide to sway the industry in favor of.
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 08-19-2010 at 05:53 AM.
    Ellipses go here.

5. Music   -   #55
    hahah great

6. Music   -   #56
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    lol, omg. ppl still posting in this thread. imma have to have my name removed be4 ppl actually think i like rap.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

7. Music   -   #57
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    lol, omg. ppl still posting in this thread. imma have to have my name removed be4 ppl actually think i like rap.
    Totally, dude, you should absolutely post that 92% of teenagers quote. It makes me feel good every time I read it!
    Ellipses go here.

8. Music   -   #58
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    Totally, dude, you should absolutely post that 92% of teenagers quote. It makes me feel good every time I read it!
    hahah loved it

9. Music   -   #59
    Krunch's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    great laughing

10. Music   -   #60
    I've never liked rap :/

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast