Thread: Voice Track Distortions

Old songs that I downloaded that use to play well now have distorted voice tracks. Is there anything I can do to reverse thisprocess and to prevent this in the future?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Originally posted by sleepdon@13 July 2004 - 22:44
    Old songs that I downloaded that use to play well now have distorted voice tracks. Is there anything I can do to reverse thisprocess and to prevent this in the future?
    It's probably the quality of the track or even your speakers. They may be going. But when you download stuff, look if the user before you has rated it. You know it's good if it has "Excellent" on it.
    Random Quote of the Day
    Manny Calavera: My scythe. I like to keep it where my heart used to be.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    do you mean the screaching sounds? If so, then try mp3shield, http://www.mp3shield.com
    blah blah blah... whatever...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by zippy_frog@13 July 2004 - 16:56
    But when you download stuff, look if the user before you has rated it. You know it's good if it has "Excellent" on it.  But yes most of the time they are of good quality.
    B) Hmm, not always the case. I've fallen prey to some of the 'Excellent' ratings only to have them freak out on me after a few seconds of listening. But yes most of the time they are of good quality. B)
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    OK
    I tried mp3shield and that errors on me and that didn't really answer the question anyway. why did only some of my old songs get distorted voice tracks.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Thanks to all 3 of you that responded. Long and short of the story, problem solved.
    DA wires on the speaker box were not plugged in enough DA