Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: People's Beliefs?

MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    @jonno-it's only natural. i don't like to discuss politics or religion with complete strangers so I avoid the world discussions as much as I can. but having said that you can develop some trust for people and sometimes i do join in, but its hard because those discussions invoke too much passion in most people.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    I believe that my beliefs are my own belief, and for me to believe that I can push my beliefs against anyone's belief is wrong.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    I Personally Don't Beleive In God Or Any Of That Stuff.....But I Don't Think It'd Be Cool To Dismiss Other Peoples Theories/Religion

4. Lounge   -   #14
    rentalaugh
    We are all to some degree conditioned in our beliefs from an early age by our parents and society, as we get older and wiser we make our own choices. I believe no one has the right to expect others to have the same beliefs as they do.
    Live and let live!

5. Lounge   -   #15
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    All these posts tend to lean one way-

When I was growing up (not that long ago) my parents told me decorum precluded open discussion of religion, politics, and paystubs (earnings).

The reason for this was, the strength of beliefs and emotions underlying these subjects did not lend to rational discourse-feelings would be hurt, offense given and received.

This is, however, a forum, where such things are acceptable subjects for discussion and/or debate.

It is in places such as this that ignorance is dashed, enlightenment gained, and genuine ideological exchange can occur.

I have yet to see a view, opinion, credo, religion or anything else "forced" on anyone here.

We do well to remember this last cannot occur in cyberspace.

Even "browbeating" someone is incredibly difficult.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    i believe in god because i choose to. i know alot of teens who have become athiest because their parents forced them to go to church and forced it on them. my mom didn;t do that to me she said if i wanted to go to church i could if not then thats ok as well.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    im not forced to believe in anything so thats good
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Poster
    The only thing i truly believe in is fate.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Aberrant
    Originally posted by Pitbul@6 October 2003 - 09:37
    i know alot of teens who have become athiest because their parents forced them to go to church
    Odd....
    • ....did they become carnivores cuz thier parents made them eat their veggies?

Hiya gemby!!!

10. Lounge   -   #20
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by titey+6 October 2003 - 10:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (titey @ 6 October 2003 - 10:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pitbul@6 October 2003 - 09:37
    i know alot of teens who have become athiest because their parents forced them to go to church
    Odd....[LIST]....did they become carnivores cuz thier parents made them eat their veggies?
    [/b][/quote]
    Curious, eh?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast