Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Get Faster Downloads

twisterX's Avatar Poster
    not every1 can afford dsl.
    i kown its alot faSTER BUT THERE ARE STILL MANY PEOPLE WITH 56K

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Yes , I must agree with you Dark. I run cable modem up to 1mb so kazaa and msn and all these other bandwidth consuming programs don't really bother me , i could care less. Blah , what does bother me is that all these blasted amount of diskspace the best products like kazaa lite and msn messenger take up , this is an old computer that ive had for a while and i just upgraded the memory up about 200mb (took some from my moms comp when we where installing the network card ) but i am broke and can't buy any more memory until that joyful christian holiday Christmas

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    i have a 56k modem*sniff sniff* and i was wondering wut i should put my bandwith limit to be, plz help. thnx

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    hmmmmmm..........i remember the dreadful days of Dialup having to leave my computer on connected to the interent when i went places so my kazaa downloads could finish.... thats over now ^_^

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    i have a lot of movies to share but i do every thing i can to make my downloads faster but they just go as fast as they can witch is cool but i have tested if im not sharing they go faster if i am sharing they go slower so what i do if i cant wait to see the movie i dont share then it takes about 3 hours a movie then i share for the rest of the day i want to share but sometimes if i do i wait weeks for a movie but i am on off peak and peak time 1am - 7pm im not realy sharing the rest of the time i am i have my computer on 24 -7 and at the end of my download limit i leave my sharing on as well i agree sharing is the only way kazaa will live on

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Forward
    Can you speaken Netherlands? :unsure:

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Is there a way that we can spread the word?

I assume that there are lots of ppl using Kazaa who don't read up on it in forums such as this.

What if there were a standard message and link which we could copy and paste into messages for other users (at least those that recieve messages) that would spread the word?

If everyone passed it on in this way the message would spread, and eventually everyone would get the drift.

Just a thought.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by twister203@8 October 2003 - 18:57
    not every1 can afford dsl.
    i kown its alot faSTER BUT THERE ARE STILL MANY PEOPLE WITH 56K
    If you&#39;re on a 56k, either don&#39;t share or put max uploads at 1 (or 2 if your files are typically <2 MB each) and LIMIT upload bandwidth max to 24 kilobits/sec (3 KB/sec).

IRREGARDLESS of what connection type you have, it screws everyone to turn on the optimal bandwidth while idle/extra upload bandwidth to other users while idle checkbox which is below the upload bandwidth max&#33;

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    For faster downloads.... START WITH YOUR OWN COMPUTER&#33; Clean it up and keep it that way. Turn off all auto updates, unneeded start up programs(etc.). Everything that your computer does uses up resource... EVERYTHING&#33; I use an older HP. My harddrive is small, Ram basic, and a basic cable connection. b4 clean up my downloads were 10-20kbps. Now, That I cut off all the BS. Tweaked modem and windows. Downloads are 300-600Kbps . A neighbor of mine bought a new system w/ killer ram, harddrive, the works. His Desktop has so many shortcuts...WHY? It&#39;s enough shortcuts ya need a damn folder for them. A waste. I don&#39;t wanna even get into his taskbar. The thing looks like a pack of Skittles. I was like.... man, you doing research work for NASA or something. Nah... just checking email.

Learn your computer. Find out what&#39;s running, and why? Remember, Big Brother is watching.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    RomminusBios - I am tempted to smack you upside your head with a big wet fish&#33;

I was eating my breakfast, and I read the line "A waste. I don&#39;t wanna even get into his taskbar. The thing looks like a pack of Skittles" and I sneezed and nearly lost my cereal&#33;

That&#39;s why when I get Desktop computers, I get them built, no OS installed, just gimme all the damn hardware driver disks and whatnot. I install Windows on it myself, build the system (sofware-side) up myself, so nothing is on it that I don&#39;t want, and then I install software from my archives. No evaluation software, no crippleware, no Basic... everything "Full" or "Pro", the best software in each category... I pimp that shit out...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast