Thread: Windows 7 - Win XP Mode Has RTM'd

Windows 7 - Win XP Mode Has RTM'd
    October 1, 2009 11:23am

Thanks to everyone’s feedback, we’re happy to announce that Windows XP Mode has RTM’d today. We expect to make the final release of Windows XP Mode available via the Microsoft Download Center on October 22nd. OEMs will be able to offer Windows XP Mode on their PCs based on their manufacturing schedules.

For more information on Windows XP Mode, including feature highlights and quotes from some of our partners, I recommend reading this blog post.

Windows XP Mode is designed to provide small business and mid-sized businesses running Windows 7 Professional (or higher) the ability to run Windows XP productivity applications that may not be natively compatible with Windows 7. We expect many Windows XP applications to be compatible Windows 7 however Windows XP Mode is meant to serve as an added safety net so small and mid-sized businesses can migrate and run Windows 7 without any road blocks. Windows 7 Professional is designed to meet the needs of small and mid-sized businesses.

Source: Windows Team Blog

Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC - Home:
    Link

Overview:
    Link

Windows Virtual PC requires a CPU with the Intel Virtualization Technology or AMD-V feature turned on. This feature must be enabled in the system BIOS.

How To Confirm Your PC Can Run Windows XP Mode:
    Link

Set-Up/Support:
    Link
    Last edited by Nucleus; 10-03-2009 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Fixed links to blog.

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Thanks. Did not know how to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    So no more questions: "Does it work with Windows 7".

Good to know, thanks for the heads up.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    cool windows

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    On one side it's proof that MS aren't out to screw you over BUT on the other side MS have just laid out a big 'So why not by our new OS?'.
    Cool beans for MS though

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    $SnoopDo2G$'s Avatar Don Doggy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    That's the proof XP was the shieeeeeeet ahaha
    But i won't use that stuff... lol takes too much resources here lol.
    Last edited by $SnoopDo2G$; 10-11-2009 at 07:45 PM.

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by $SnoopDo2G$ View Post
    That's the proof XP was the shieeeeeeet ahaha
    But i won't use that stuff... lol takes too much resources here lol.
    Runs aight here.

Dual booted with Linux FTW
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"