Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Apparently...

  1. #1
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    ...SHITHEAD and his wife haven't the personal charm/magnetism/what-have-you to secure the 2016 Games for Chicago, which city breathes a sigh of relief and thanks for the fact.

    Rio rejoices, unaware (uncaring?) of the financial consequences of hosting an Olympiad.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    How happy you must be...
    Chicago loses it's bid for the Games and you can blame Obama's lack of charisma.
    Had he not personally lobbied, you could have trashed him for not being patriotic enough.

    Win, win for the negative right.

    BTW Kev...the "Shithead" thing makes you sound like a petulant crybaby.
    By all means, keep it up if you think it makes a point but IMO the point it makes says more about you than Obama.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    How happy you must be...
    Chicago loses it's bid for the Games and you can blame Obama's lack of charisma.
    Had he not personally lobbied, you could have trashed him for not being patriotic enough.

    Win, win for the negative right.

    BTW Kev...the "Shithead" thing makes you sound like a petulant crybaby.
    By all means, keep it up if you think it makes a point but IMO the point it makes says more about you than Obama.

    Wrong, wrong, and wrong again.

    Actually, SHITHEAD lost SHITHEAD's bid to enrich his friends to the financial detriment of Chicago.

    Chicago is no better-off than any American city outside Detroit, and can easily do without the now-you-see-it, now-you-don't "benefit" of the Games.

    It was a dumb idea, and everyone but SHITHEAD, his friends and Oprah Winfrey seemed to know it.

    As to whether or not the failure to secure the event accrues properly to him is of no consequence to me.












    No, that's not true; when I heard the news, I larfed out loud.

    He is an arrogant ass - say whatever you like about Bush or any other republican/conservative, you cannot effectively deny your messiah is unutterably enamored of himself.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    You are so full of shit.

    Every modern President has lobbied for the Olympics...even your beloved icon Reagan.
    And gee, what a coincidence, the '84 Summer Games were in LA, Ronny's old stomping grounds.
    Bet none of his buddies benefited from that, did they?

    J2, your obvious and extreme double standard has become ridiculous.
    Where was your outrage when Cheney started funneling billions in no-bid contracts to Halliburton, a company he was still a part of?
    As transparent an example of cronyism as we'll ever see and nary a peep out of you.

    You think Obama is enamored of himself?
    Bush thought he was directly connected to God...that's an example of humility?

    It's obvious that you have stopped thinking and are purely a reflexive nay-sayer.
    You follow the Fox News partyline without variation- while claiming to be an independent thinker- and get all huffy when called on it.

    Go ahead, keep it up...the contortions you perform to justify your increasingly nonsensical worldview are marginally amusing.
    But only marginally.
    Last edited by clocker; 10-03-2009 at 12:44 PM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    You are so full of shit.
    Every modern President has lobbied for the Olympics...even your beloved icon Reagan.
    And gee, what a coincidence, the '84 Summer Games were in LA, Ronny's old stomping grounds.
    Bet none of his buddies benefited from that, did they?
    Oh, yes - I distinctly remember Reagan taking the entire fucking clan overseas, in three jumbo jets, what, this would have had to be in, oh, 1978, right, in order to secure the '84 Olympics for L.A.

    Funny, I don't remember Peter Ueberroth having an office in the White House, either, like Valerie Jarrett does.

    Talk about full of shit - your equating mere advocacy with the type of solicitation SHITHEAD practices is beyond laughable.



    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    J2, your obvious and extreme double standard has become ridiculous.
    Where was your outrage when Cheney started funneling billions in no-bid contracts to Halliburton, a company he was still a part of?
    As transparent an example of cronyism as we'll ever see and nary a peep out of you.
    Halliburton?

    You want to keel-haul Cheney for continuing the practice that your boy Clinton began?

    A practice he promoted knowing full well that Cheney was part of Halliburton?

    That's really, really rich.

    Btw-

    Let's have some indisputable proof that Cheney was "still involved" with Halliburton after the 2000 election, please.

    I recall he bowed out, but, hey, you claim to know otherwise, so.

    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    You think Obama is enamored of himself?
    Bush thought he was directly connected to God...that's an example of humility?
    The difference is as follows:

    Bush: "I talk to God".

    SHITHEAD: "I am God."

    I assume that even your distorted idea of moral equivalence doesn't preclude your noting the difference between the two.

    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    It's obvious that you have stopped thinking and are purely a reflexive nay-sayer.
    You follow the Fox News partyline without variation- while claiming to be an independent thinker- and get all huffy when called on it.
    Then let SHITHEAD do something right, so that I might not seem so reflexive in criticizing him.

    Let me also point out that you know nothing of Fox News apart from that which you glean from YouTube.

    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Go ahead, keep it up...the contortions you perform to justify your increasingly nonsensical worldview are marginally amusing.
    But only marginally.
    "Only marginally"?

    You cut me to the quick, sir.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Y'know, about those jumbo jets...

    Why doesn't SHITHEAD practice what he preaches, and drive a hybrid or walk (or, in this case, swim)?

    He's a hypocritical elitist prick, that's why - a self-appointed member of the anointed, attempting to practice, as Thomas Sowell would say, "Self-Congratulation as a basis for Social Policy."
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Let's have some indisputable proof that Cheney was "still involved" with Halliburton after the 2000 election, please.

    I recall he bowed out, but, hey, you claim to know otherwise, so.
    According to Cheney's VERY OWN financial disclosure forms...
    Cheney continues to received a deferred salary from the company. According to financial disclosure forms, he was paid $205,298 in 2001; $262,392 in 2002; $278,437 in 2003; and $294,852 in 2004.
    Furthermore, he owned stock in the company, stock which increased in value from @$250K to over $8 million.
    All while handing over government contracts to the company he had only recently helmed.
    Oh yeah, that doesn't stink.
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    You think Obama is enamored of himself?
    Bush thought he was directly connected to God...that's an example of humility?
    The difference is as follows:

    Bush: "I talk to God".

    SHITHEAD: "I am God."

    I assume that even your distorted idea of moral equivalence doesn't preclude your noting the difference between the two.
    Have you a source for the Obama quote or are you following in the steps of your idol Glen Beck and simply making it up from whole cloth?
    Thought so...just making shit up.

    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    It's obvious that you have stopped thinking and are purely a reflexive nay-sayer.
    You follow the Fox News partyline without variation- while claiming to be an independent thinker- and get all huffy when called on it.
    Then let SHITHEAD do something right, so that I might not seem so reflexive in criticizing him.

    Let me also point out that you know nothing of Fox News apart from that which you glean from YouTube.
    What would constitute "doing something right" in your small, dreary world?
    Maybe "going rogue" and resigning?

    There is nothing substantive to know about Fox News other than the comedy clips on YouTube.

    As a source of anything but rightwing Republican (hereafter to be known a MOUTHBREATHERS propaganda, it falls woefully short.
    I wouldn't even believe their weather reports.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    lynx's Avatar .
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,810
    I'm surprised no-one has pointed out that it takes about 3 years to prepare an Olympic bid. That's right, most of that time under the Bush administration.

    From the way you've been commenting j2, I guess that had it been the other way round you think that a new Republican administration would have pulled the plug on the campaign. Patriotism in action!
    .
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Do you think Blighty would be best served if old Gordo dropped everything in order to conduct a personal charm tour of other continents in the chase for a financial "opportunity" like the Games?

    My point is SHITHEAD's blatant quest for hero-status, and the pure-D fact the Olympics have been for some time a financial loser.

    BTW-

    While at the time I regarded it as a feckless gesture (still do), I supported Carter's boycott of the '80 Olympic games from a moral point-of-view.

    Nothing to do with the money aspect, one way or another.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •