Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: LooKiNg FsC - The real request thread!

Chief_Garbonzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    If I was a potential inviter I would not invite you for the sole reason being that your avatar fucking frightens me. But, good luck.
    LOL. so true.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #32
    21122012's Avatar Minger BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    What are your interests? What could you bring to the community? Are you really good at anything? Is there something you would gain by joining some of the clubs there?

265 posts here since 2007 does not indicate that you have focused a lot of attention to the forums here. Are there any forums that you have involved yourself in on a regular basis? If so, what kinds of discussions do you enjoy there?
    good questions, Ok honest answers:

What are your interests?
    - Torrents, film, Dance music, drugs/ research chemicals, booze, festivals, raves, free parties, Creating music on PC, playing live music, mountain biking, running, snowboarding, Cooking, DIY, art. Selling on eBay, But most importantly spending time with my family (wife and young daughter)

What could you bring to the community?
    - probably not that much in the way of forum posts /IRC chat if I'm honest, for me a site is about getting content, not improving my E-status. I do post in the forums if the topic is interesting but I've got a busy life, I cant spend that much of it online anymore. I always leave comments for uploads though, I think that's really important because behind every download there is some guy who's taken the time to create the torrent and upload the files to a server/seedbox or whatever. I'm also a donator, I make cash on eBay so the odd £5/ £10 donation from Paypal doesn't hurt so bad, and at the end of the day it's cash that pays the server bills.

Are you really good at anything?
    - Can't answer this, I'm too modest!

Is there something you would gain by joining some of the clubs there?
    - What clubs? Sounds interesting tell me more!!!

265 posts here since 2007 does not indicate that you have focused a lot of attention to the forums here. Are there any forums that you have involved yourself in on a regular basis? If so, what kinds of discussions do you enjoy there?
    -

As mentioned before I have limited time to be online with family life taking up most of it now, I am a member of loads of forums, but I'm more of a lurker than a poster, I do post if I feel the need or if I have something important to say but I'm not too fussed about getting a massive post count, why do I need 2000+ retarded posts saying things like 'FTW' and 'FAIL' etc etc - I'm just not into that. I like serious debates If I'm honest, things like technology / religion / politics / chemistry / society /psychology / philosophy etc.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #33
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Thanks for taking the time to post your honest answers, numbers.

There's some good stuff in there. There is a review section on this site that will tell you a little bit about FSC. One of the center points is the clubs. Some of those clubs do match your interests...Serious discussion is good. Do you have any experience counting to 20k, guessing the next poster, or rating "that ass"? All valuable skills...

I am not certain that it would be possible to discuss "other high-level" trackers without being aware of the WATW thread, but the review of FSC is here: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-wha.../postcount7511

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #34
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    honest answers, but still no reasons to invite him at fsc nor anywhere else.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    honest answers, but still no reasons to invite him at fsc nor anywhere else.
    Bit harsh mate, You forgot these facts - I donate, I always post positive torrent comments, I leave my pc on 24/7 seeding, I can prove myself to be worthwhile on other 'special' trackers, I contribute to serious debate, Ive been into the private torrent scene since the early days of tit, TL and Elite torrents etc, and most importantly I have a great deal of respect for every site I'm a part of

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #36
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    well, i didn't say you're not worthy but obviously, you're busy with life and you already have enough trackers to fit your needs so i fail to see the point in wanting to be part of FSC.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #37
    MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    So what are you saying is taht you are trying to be part of all the high level trackers in the wtaw thread, is that true? For me it doesn't make any sense. The trackers are all the same. It doesn't worth to try to get in one. If someone likes you, youre good friends and he invites you, if you are curious you may accept, if not - decline it. A film its still a film on every tracker. Let's talk about packs, I bet all the money I have in my pocket atm that no one will ever watch a whole pack, like 50 films and its probable to find what you are looking for in trackers taht are not top of the lost in the wtaw. Communitys? hehe I ve been a member of many trackers and trust me the top level wont even compare with low level concerning community. i dont like to give names but bitsoup, demonoid and IPT have brilliant forums cause they dont have users like you who will post on 10 trackers forums in the same time and they just concentrate on that specific one.
    I m not ruining yre request maty, it just that requesting here it ruins it for you. A word of advice: fuck level, it will always disappoint you.
    Last edited by ovisan; 10-05-2009 at 11:46 AM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    well, i didn't say you're not worthy but obviously, you're busy with life and you already have enough trackers to fit your needs so i fail to see the point in wanting to be part of FSC.
    Fair point, well it's the same reason that anyone wants to be a part of a site they are not a member of, you are intrigued by it as people talk about it and say great things, so you know it must be good, but you want to experience it for yourself.

My ideal situation is this, someone reads this, thinks they will take a chance and invite me. I make sure that I play by the rules of the site, keep a good ratio, get involved etc and don't let down/endanger my inviter - after all he/she is taking a big risk. Then hopefully what follows is that FsC becomes my new 'home' - the one site that I always go to first when I need content, chill in the forums while I'm waiting for a download and basically be a part of the group.

I'm not a site 'collector' but it is important to have a handful of decent sites because as you know every site has exclusive content due to filled requests etc

fair comments?

Quote Originally Posted by ovisan View Post
    A word of advice: fuck level, it will always disappoint you.
    I get your point mate, really I do. You can't deny though that the more exclusive trackers feel safer can you?

Also, you're right about Demonoid etc having great user support, Ive found rare operating systems etc on there with really vital instructions about installation that you just wouldn't get anywhere else....

.... at the same time I know people that have been sent 'cease and desist' letters from being on torrents from Demonoid and TL etc. After all, the sites that are easier to get into are also easier for the MPAA etc - I know this a whole other debate and at the end of the day the RIAA might already be members of U*-* & FsC etc, it's just less likely, and that makes me feel safer.
    Last edited by 21122012; 10-05-2009 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #39
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by 21122012 View Post
    mountain biking, running
    Damn it let the man in .

Quote Originally Posted by 21122012 View Post
    drugs/ research chemicals, booze, raves
    Wait changed my mind.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Damn it let the man in .