Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm convinced that it's impossible to seed on bitmetv

cabedna's Avatar Member BT Rep: +2
    Unless you have access to other trackers who get their stuff quicker so you don't have to actually download it from bmtv.

No seriously.

I have a seedbox. Speeds are no problem for me. But when I download an episode THE SECOND it shows up, I don't even end up seeding even. Everyone somehow beats me to it.

The only possible solution is to grab the stuff off say, SCT before it hits bmtv and then seed it on bmtv.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    It is rather difficult. I use to cross seed from TL (I was a donor so no HnR/ratio there) and even so my buffer only increased small amounts with every torrent I seeded. It ended up being too much effort and I just gave up. However the recent "test" of freeleech gave me a decent buffer, so I'll be set if theres any extremely rare shows I may want on occasion. Otherwise Im not wasting my precious buffer

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    It's a great site. I wish I could "afford" to use it. I've managed to build up a 11.5 GB buffer. I could actually dl some of the shows I want, but it is easier to grab them elsewhere. Wish that wasn't the case.

Would be my favorite TV site if that was different.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED
    cabedna if u wana do that go to links then rss and keep refreshing till u see the show then u will be one of the first to seed it
    but u dont have to do that shit just take the old shows u have on ur comp and rename hash seed them as packs u will gain 20gb/day at least

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    It's a great site. I wish I could "afford" to use it. I've managed to build up a 11.5 GB buffer. I could actually dl some of the shows I want, but it is easier to grab them elsewhere. Wish that wasn't the case.

Would be my favorite TV site if that was different.
    lmfao

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The key is to pick a few popular seasons and stick them on your seedbox for a few months... really pays dividends. I probably made ~100GB off a few seasons of family guy for example. Of course you need the initial buffer to make that investment, but you should be RSSing new stuff to achieve that.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    bitmetv...yeah... hard to get a big buffer in a short time.
    bitmetv requires me to do some kinds of torrenting skills to survive on it.

that is...I have to choose one of these methods ( [a]cross seeding, [b] RSS auto downloading by using a seed box , [c] seeding popular seasons packs for quite a long time).

I agree that bitmetv is a awesome TV-oriented site. but, from time to time, I ask to myself " do I really need this tracker! "
    when it comes to new TV episodes or season packs, I can get them either through SCC for new TV episodes or though SCT for old season packs
    without worrying about ratio.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    only a noob cant seed at bmtv. if u play smart, u will have no problems.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    but u dont have to do that shit just take the old shows u have on ur comp and rename hash seed them as packs u will gain 20gb/day at least
    lmfao
    In all honesty, this was the best advice so far in this thread.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cabedna View Post
    I have a seedbox. Speeds are no problem for me. But when I download an episode THE SECOND it shows up, I don't even end up seeding even. Everyone somehow beats me to it.
    I am surprised that anyone with an access to a seedbox would have a problem seeding there. When you say it's "impossible to seed", do you mean that your ratio is below 1.0 there?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    lmfao
    In all honesty, this was the best advice so far in this thread.
    I'll add that I did that for a while and (as you can see) got very limited results with a season of Family Guy, a season of Breaking Bad, and some individual eps that came out. It still was not worth the added effort vs simply grabbing shows from TL or just about any other site I have.

However, it is doable...so 1 point for the retarded chimp... BTW, what's the score? I'm probably still ahead by a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast