Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh WhatMan, Can you aid thee?

Does anyone know of errors in what.cd's cheat detection scripts?

My gf was banned for using a "cheating client," when in fact she was using the newest version (beta) of transmission on her mac.

Here is a similar issue on the transmission form:
    http://forum.transmissionbt.com/view...php?f=2&t=7592

The people on the IRC channel were helpful, but lacked the ability to prove wrong doing. Is it possible to truly pinpoint the statistics of a cheater? If so, WhatMan, please check into this for me. Both of our stats should be acceptable.

what.cd: braineats and safecf

As for myself, I was stupid enough to try to log onto her account, as an attempt to help, finding out that I just got instabanned isntead. No warning?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Well, you really aren't supposed to use beta clients on trackers just for this reason. They may send invalid data. I have no idea if staff can distinguish from an actual cheating client and a beta torrent client. So you guys may be screwed on this one...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by safecf View Post
    As for myself, I was stupid enough to try to log onto her account, as an attempt to help, finding out that I just got instabanned isntead. No warning?
    i lol'ed.sorry but damn funny.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    hmmmm...
    Last edited by Cabalo; 10-08-2009 at 01:03 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Nice avatar OP.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Thou faileth. The use of thee implies that you want Whatman to help himself, perhaps to your girlfriend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Eng...sonal_pronouns

See Middle English in the charts, since even I can barely read the Old English.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rules.php?p=clients
    The testing of unstable clients by developers is not allowed unless approved by a staff member.
    ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollinThunder View Post
    Thou faileth. The use of thee implies that you want Whatman to help himself, perhaps to your girlfriend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Eng...sonal_pronouns

See Middle English in the charts, since even I can barely read the Old English.
    Ouch*

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Oh young one. All you need to do is get your gf another invite and make sure she doesn't set the upload to 3 MB/s and I am sure she will be sorted.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Apparently JimmyCamLate can't read if his life depended on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast