Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: have U*-* acc

n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    /me peeks, n00bz0r lols, n00bz0r leaves.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #32
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkSide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sheriff 01 View Post
    Maybe if you wouldnt have traded to get in there you would have known a few members in ukt before even landing there, that way upon arrival there you would have people to talk to in the forums. Its obvious that when you trade to get in somewhere the site will hold absolutely no meaning to you cause technically you shouldnt be there in the first place.

WTF does me knowing anybody in their community have to do with the fact that all of there torrents either suck or can be downloaded absolutely anywhere else on the internet?

I don't join torrent sites to be friends with other people, I join torrent sites to download torrents. And Uk-t's torrent collection absolutely sucks.
    right but what duly amazes me how the heck did u not know that before u joined the site?

i mean pretty much everyone and their dog knows the levels are based on exclusivity and not on content...and uk-t's never been high on content as far as i can recall

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by kooltilldend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkSide View Post

WTF does me knowing anybody in their community have to do with the fact that all of there torrents either suck or can be downloaded absolutely anywhere else on the internet?

I don't join torrent sites to be friends with other people, I join torrent sites to download torrents. And Uk-t's torrent collection absolutely sucks.
    right but what duly amazes me how the heck did u not know that before u joined the site?

i mean pretty much everyone and their dog knows the levels are based on exclusivity and not on content...and uk-t's never been high on content as far as i can recall
    How didn't I know that? Maybe because I didn't base my life on searching for the exact details of every single torrent site out there? Since every single person back then would have died for a FileList, or Uk-t, or FTN, I thought there was a reason they craved those sites. I mean, you're only craving them because their hard to get? And when you get them, there is no reward because the content sucks.

It just seems silly to me. I equate it to girls giving you the run around. Why are you wasting your time trying to attain a Uk-t account when you know their content sucks? It seems absolutely implausible to me.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #34
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    right but that's the whole point...you should atleast find out a little bit about what you are getting into

i mean for e.g. even if I get invited to UK-T today (yeah it won't happen but believe me on this) I will almost certainly refuse it...and not because I read your comment...but because I already have a general idea of what the site is about...and the site offers nothing that I could possibly want

as such, you suggesting that you didn't know what you got into...i'm afraid makes you sound both naive and a glory hunter (otherwise known as a person who goes after rarities)

i'm not trying to be rude...just stating my opinion from a very neutral perspective

and believe me when I say this...my opinion doesn't just hold for UK-T...i say the same for Pedro's, E****, FTWR and so on...i really don't need nor want any of these sites...on the other hand, I would absolutely love an opportunity to get into FTN, SCT and most importantly, FSC because I duly feel (more like know) that not only do these sites offer me something I crave, I'm certain I can offer them just as much in return

oh and i know my opinion doesn't really mean much esp. since this is the trading area (something i duly oppose) but i figured it doesn't hurt to put a separate perspective on the situation at the forefront

cheers!
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-16-2009 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #35
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by kooltilldend View Post

I would absolutely love an opportunity to get into FTN, SCT and most importantly, FSC because I duly feel (more like know) that not only do these sites offer me something I crave, I'm certain I can offer them just as much in return
    First how do you know? I just invited someone to ScT, he's a knowledgeable guy been administration on a well known tracker. He wanted a place to " get things faster" than the site that we both share.I told him that for his present set up IPT was about as good as it got ( he used the " I've never had any probems on any other site but I'm probably going to get a seedbox so don't worry).
    I warned him that ScT could be problematical if he didn't have a server or wasn't ready to invest the time in building a ratio .He'd better also be familiar with auto downloading since the fastest server isn't much use there if you aren't on a torrent pretty fast).But no he would love to be a member as it was the "best site out there" .
    Less than 24 hours later he's back saying that he had no idea what he was getting into and maybe he should have listened to my advice a little more carefully in the first place.

Lesson listen to your friends they have your best interests at heart and be careful what you wish for.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234