Thread: Jedi Academy -doenst Works-

i downloaded both parts from Jedi Academy (swjkja.part1.exe and swjkja.part2.exe) and i put in the same folder but when i run it , it just apears a DOS window that closes very quickly , help me plz!!!!!

2. Games   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Đ3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Solid_SnakeBR@2 October 2003 - 22:03
    i downloaded both parts from Jedi Academy (swjkja.part1.exe and swjkja.part2.exe) and i put in the same folder but when i run it , it just apears a DOS window that closes very quickly , help me plz!!!!!
    copy the exact executable location and open up a command prompt (dos window or whatever) and run it in that to see what type of error it gives you that why it wont just open and then close without you seeing the output it gives,

3. Games   -   #3
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    okay, try this:

right click on any file (swjkja.part1.exe or swjkja.part2.exe), and rename it so it says swjkja.part1.bin and swjkja.part2.bin, but then again u would need a cue file, if you know how to write cue files, then problem solved. but if u don't, download bin2iso, and convert the bin file (the ones u just changed exe to bin from) to a iso and use daemon tools to check if it works (and if u are cheap like me, and dont want to waste cd's, just install the game using daemon tools). go to google and search up both bin2iso and daemon tools. try it, and then post back here or pm me with the results. if u don't know how to use daemon tools and bin2iso, pm me, and i'll reply with instructions. hope that helped.

ps. where'd u dl it from, it's not supposed to have an exe extension. and tell me the file sizes for both the files.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. Games   -   #4
    I dl from kazaa , the 1st part is 677 MB and the second is 500MB , and i have a MODEM , u can imagine how píssed am i

5. Games   -   #5
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    okay, so download the daemon tools(3 mb?) and bin2iso(less then 100 kb). install, and then convert the bin files (rename extension from exe to bin like i said in my last post) to iso using bin2iso. then fire up daemon tools (after u've installed it), right click on that little red lightning bolt on the bottom right (taskbar)> Virtual CD/DVD ROM>Set number of devices>2 drives(wait till the "Please Wait" message goes away)>Device 1: [X:] No Media (X could be another letter, so don't worry about it, i put x cuz it's like a variable, it could turn out to be any letter depending on how many drives u have including hdd's, so don't worry about the drive letter)>Mount Image>Browse to the location with the iso files (the one's u converted from bin using bin2iso)>select the first file swjkja.part1.iso and click open. if the file wasn't corrupted during dl, or if it wasn't a fake and was converted to a iso correctly, the install menu will popup and u can just install it without having to burn to a cd. once the installation gets to (i think) 50%, it'll ask for the second cd, just minimize the install, right click on the red lightning bolt>Virtual CD/DVD ROM>Device 1: [X:]>Mount Image>and select the second iso file (swjkja.part2.iso), then maximize installation and click ok on that message that says please insert second cd. installation will resume if done correctly. i have jedi academy, so after it's installed (reaches 99%), it'll ask for cd 1 again (it's a little cd check that some software companies put in to make sure u don't have illegal versions.) so simply redo the procedure, and mount swjkja.part1.iso again, and installation will be complete. then u can finally play. NOW, if the file (bin) doesn't convert to an iso using bin2iso, then my friend, i can't help you. I PERSONALLY NEVER USE KAZAA to download games, kazaa's only there for movies and music. Best places to download games are from suprnova or other bittorrent sites. bittorrent is number 1 for dl games, because everything is verified so whatever u download you know it's what it really is (in kazaa, ppl change the filenames and things). google up bittorrent and u'll see, while ur at it, google up suprnova, cuz i can't give u the link on the forums. hope this helped . pm me with results

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

6. Games   -   #6
    cockboy's Avatar Poster
    Hi to all good samaritians, I downloaded the two bin files for ja and used isobuster isobuster download link To extract image , right click on folder and select extract to whatever it says, do the same for both disks, copying to default destination, (usally the name of the cd as if you had burned it.)
    extract contents to an already prepared dir, (C:\new folder is a good one ,easy to remember&#33
    then you cut all files from cd2 and paste them into cd1's folder.You usally dont have to worry about replacing any files when pasting cd2's contents to cd 1 as they usally are just text files or autorun routines.
    All you need to do is run setup and if your files are good with no crc errors the game will install normally,( albeit a good bit faster&#33 place ifiles in different folder than cd's.
    then do the crack\no cd patch thing and game should work fine, jedi academy ran first time for me!
    Best of luck D2D

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    Part1.cue change filename to whatever
    Code:
    FILE "game-ja1.bin" BINARY
       TRACK 1 MODE1/2352
       INDEX 1 00:00:00
    Part2.cue change filename to whatever
    Code:
    FILE "game-ja2.bin" BINARY
       TRACK 1 MODE1/2352
       INDEX 1 00:00:00

8. Games   -   #8
    hey i tried to use the method from #5 but when i mount the image the it don't play the setup HELP!

9. Games   -   #9
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Solid_SnakeBR@3 October 2003 - 04:19
    I dl from kazaa , the 1st part is 677 MB and the second is 500MB , and i have a MODEM , u can imagine how píssed am i
    yea, that is painful. from now on kid, remember to dl big files and new stuff from either emule verified or mainly bittorrent. bittorrent, suprnova has lots of new torrents. never use kazaa for large or new files. 80% will be fake or corrupt

10. Games   -   #10
    grrrr some of the files on supernova don't work.
    for example all JK:JA