Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Match Is Found,

Originally posted by Gre1@8 October 2003 - 17:31
    Even with all of the kazaa-lite privacy options and all that.
    I'd guess it just runs a general search on Kazaa, so they might pick up a couple of your files, but they still wouldn't be able to get your full list, so the odds of them suing you for one or 2 when they have thousands of user with thousands of files is small.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I'm not worried anyway I don't share music on kazaa but I share everything else.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by sharedholder@8 October 2003 - 17:34
    Maybe that description is old ,talking about Napster.

Crawler constantly scans all web sites, KaZaA network, Napster
    Kazaa didn't come round til after Napster died tho, right? They might be talking about the new version, but then they might just be assuming it'll work there.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Right Kazaa came out after napster or it wasn't that popular.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by Gre1@8 October 2003 - 19:46
    Right Kazaa came out after napster or it wasn't that popular.
    I've still got an old lifestyle magazine from June 2001, and it says in there about KMD "unfortunately, the music selection was rather sparse, despite a large number of users." It was an article which has reviews of several p2p applications. June 2001 was also roughly the time when Napster was shut down. So lots of people were looking for alternatives.

So I think it only became really popular after 2 years ago.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984+8 October 2003 - 20:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sparkle1984 @ 8 October 2003 - 20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gre1@8 October 2003 - 19:46
    Right Kazaa came out after napster or it wasn&#39;t that popular.
    I&#39;ve still got an old lifestyle magazine from June 2001, and it says in there about KMD "unfortunately, the music selection was rather sparse, despite a large number of users." It was an article which has reviews of several p2p applications. June 2001 was also roughly the time when Napster was shut down. So lots of people were looking for alternatives.

So I think it only became really popular after 2 years ago. [/b][/quote]
    actually i think after Napster it was morpheus and then it got like all screwed up and then that pop-up and banners kept coming saying move to Kazaa neighborhood and crap and then yeah thats how kazaa became populair

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12