Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fsc Request

Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    I know what to expect that's ok as for what you said 'The journey is what brings us happiness not the destination' the jouney is all the fun I have learned that to truly respect something in life you have to work hard for it !

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yawn, "dreaming" of a tracker is idiotic.

I can tell you from firsthand experience unless you have a very specific reason you want to be there, you'll be disappointed when you get there. Those sorts of trackers appeal to two types of people... very community minded folks (but I mean to the point of forcing yourself to be active despite their small userbases) and traders/level seekers that don't care/don't know what the tracker will actually be like.

At the end of the day, it's a sleek looking site with great staff and some unique features. But the vast majority of the content you'll be downloading is 0-day, which you can get anywhere, usually with better speeds/faster pretimes. Everyone says they like packs, but you're not downloading those 24/7. And as for the movie club... join a movie tracker?

I feel the problem with requests is people have no idea what these "rare sites" are like, and blindly make requests saying it's their "dream" based on silly reviews that are outdated by years. This request is a prime example, because it mentions A) the clubs, B) the share index system, and C) the amazing community, which are a summation of what the review here says.

As for your chances, the FSC staff check here relatively often, and one of them might respond to this thread. However I wouldn't count on an invitation based on this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Totti View Post
    yes i did trade a pt account it was a long time ago and i have regretted that ever since i would also like it to be taken into account that i was new to the bittorent world and didn't know any better.As for the revtt account my lamo brother posted that...... i was a member there at the time and he wanted a separate account for himself

it's not about your old trade attempt, it was so long ago it doesn't count for anything at all, but in your profile you seem to have a rep point recently given by one of the most prolific traders at FST, palincarul.

PS: Only Albo needs yet to post! I guess we will owe a beer to ovisan.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 10-15-2009 at 12:24 AM.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post

it's not about your old trade attempt, it was so long ago it doesn't count for anything at all, but in your profile you seem to have a rep point recently given by one of the most prolific traders at FST, palincarul.

PS: Only Albo needs yet to post! I guess we will owe a beer to ovisan.
    I wasn't going to post but this just killed me "my lamo brother posted that"

Totti, I think it's about time to come clean mate. At this point you have nothing to loose and maybe it'll help your chances with Fsc.. It'll also show us that honesty is still alive in these black corners of BT now and days.

Give us as good story..C'mon!
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 10-15-2009 at 12:35 AM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20

Someone send those pints my way please cause this request is cattled
    Last edited by ovisan; 10-15-2009 at 02:17 AM.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    invite sent
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Congrats Totti.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    Chief_Garbonzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    ovisan - so stoked to see other have been touched by the Peaceful Warrior!! Thats to this date still one of my favorite books ever. It can change the way you see life, in a good way. I'm assuming the movie is based off the book? I should check the movie out as I never knew there was one. If anyone is interested the book is written by Dan Millman. LOL, sorry about this off topic spam, but just got excited to see someone talk about PW.

OP, congrats, after I read your request I was hoping for yah. I believe if you have the respect and confidence of others here it doesn't hurt to ask. Although, as others have pointed out, you best be able to handle a verbal slash of posts when doing certain requests, lol

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    @ovisan
    The doe spread, the hustle hard
    These bitches that remind me
    Stay up on ma hussle hard
    Cuz people love to see you fail
    Hate to see you gettin green
    Envy's got a shitty smell.

@OP,i think you should be feeling like shit like right about now,don't ever pour your heart out over a torrent site like that again.

@canadian_oak,you do know that you are just speeching right?
    I highly recommend that you re-read the OP then your post again.
    If you really want to give him advice on how to properly get into FSC,I think you should start by telling him how exactly you yourself got invited/brought in and don't forget to include why you felt the need to be brought in and if you were offered,the reasons why you didn't turn it down.

It isn't right to pretend you are not trolling him when you are not really telling him anything other than 'you have to have a THING that you need in FSC'.
    Then the guy says what I think is his 'THING' and you go ahead and tell him his thing isn't really the 'THING'.You should tell him exactly what this 'THING' is.

I probably know what you mean by 'THING' but lets just hear it from you,and I know this may read as hostile but trust me its not,just grilling for info.

@teh guys below ca,la' u dawgs know I do

And cabalo I aint stiff(what kinda nick is that )
    Last edited by sez; 10-15-2009 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I highly recommend that you re-read the OP then your post again.
    If you really want to give him advice on how to properly get into FSC,I think you should start by telling him how exactly you yourself got invited/brought in and don't forget to include why you felt the need to be brought in and if you were offered,the reasons why you didn't turn it down.
    Upon reading the OP, my opinion doesn't change one bit. Half the people making FSC requests give little personal rants about themselves.

As for how I was brought in, I was offered an invitation by a friend of mine in IRC, coincidentally the guy who invited me to my first private tracker (we'd lost contact for at least a year). I didn't decline because I believed the hype and wanted to see what it was like for myself. My impression was given in my first post.
    It isn't right to pretend you are not trolling him when you are not really telling him anything other than 'you have to have a THING that you need in FSC'.
    Then the guy says what I think is his 'THING' and you go ahead and tell him his thing isn't really the 'THING'.You should tell him exactly what this 'THING' is.

I probably know what you mean by 'THING' but lets just hear it from you,and I know this may read as hostile but trust me its not,just grilling for info.
    I'm not trolling him, and that's not even a direct attack on him, that's an attack on everyone who requests these trackers here with no idea what they're like. As for the "thing", if you have a desire to make yourself a facebook style profile on a site, for some reason want the share index system despite two ratioless 0-day sites of roughly the same rarity and similar style of community (since I assume this request is motivated by rarity), are motivated to start conversations in IRC, and have a desire to post in forums where many topics are in the "Rate your last seen movie" style that promote spam, not discussion, then yeah. And as for the DVD club, you'll find a much, much bigger selection of movies on a standard movie tracker. The clubs are mostly for sharing requested materials between friends (though there are notable exceptions). One of the things that surprised me most about the site upon joining were the security features regarding users and torrents (won't go into specifics here).

Everyone assumes because the review says the forums are the best in the BT world it's true... it's not. FSC and other "high level" 0-day sites appeal to people who are active and outgoing, i.e. have the drive to make new threads and start new IRC conversations when the room is dead. One of the reasons people always talk about how IRC activity is important for these invites is because that's one of the core things to do on the site, and the logic runs that if you're active enough elsewhere, you'll be active there.

So once again, it's a sleek site (great design) with funny, active staff members, mildly active forums and some unique user uploads to complement the standard 0-day fare. But at the end of the day if you're not in the very specific niche of users that wants to be there for a reason other than e-peen, you'd be better off with a site like SCT.

Edit: and ca doesn't stand for Canadian. That's merely a coincidence. And yes, I view your post as hostile.
    Last edited by ca_aok; 10-15-2009 at 01:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast