Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fsc Request

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totti View Post
    no he is 19 no has to believe me.... I told the truth and no one can prove me right or wrong i still haven't heard of an internet jury hehe
    Lol, internet jury. Did I say that my opinion matters? It really doesn't count for much.

You have to know that the brother excuse has been used before and it's almost impossible to be true, imo. Nothing is certain, though.
    youre too modest.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #32
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Upon reading the OP, my opinion doesn't change one bit. Half the people making FSC requests give little personal rants about themselves.

As for how I was brought in, I was offered an invitation by a friend of mine in IRC, coincidentally the guy who invited me to my first private tracker (we'd lost contact for at least a year). I didn't decline because I believed the hype and wanted to see what it was like for myself. My impression was given in my first post.
    It isn't right to pretend you are not trolling him when you are not really telling him anything other than 'you have to have a THING that you need in FSC'.
    Then the guy says what I think is his 'THING' and you go ahead and tell him his thing isn't really the 'THING'.You should tell him exactly what this 'THING' is.

I probably know what you mean by 'THING' but lets just hear it from you,and I know this may read as hostile but trust me its not,just grilling for info.
    I'm not trolling him, and that's not even a direct attack on him, that's an attack on everyone who requests these trackers here with no idea what they're like. As for the "thing", if you have a desire to make yourself a facebook style profile on a site, for some reason want the share index system despite two ratioless 0-day sites of roughly the same rarity and similar style of community (since I assume this request is motivated by rarity), are motivated to start conversations in IRC, and have a desire to post in forums where many topics are in the "Rate your last seen movie" style that promote spam, not discussion, then yeah. And as for the DVD club, you'll find a much, much bigger selection of movies on a standard movie tracker. The clubs are mostly for sharing requested materials between friends (though there are notable exceptions). One of the things that surprised me most about the site upon joining were the security features regarding users and torrents (won't go into specifics here).

Everyone assumes because the review says the forums are the best in the BT world it's true... it's not. FSC and other "high level" 0-day sites appeal to people who are active and outgoing, i.e. have the drive to make new threads and start new IRC conversations when the room is dead. One of the reasons people always talk about how IRC activity is important for these invites is because that's one of the core things to do on the site, and the logic runs that if you're active enough elsewhere, you'll be active there.

So once again, it's a sleek site (great design) with funny, active staff members, mildly active forums and some unique user uploads to complement the standard 0-day fare. But at the end of the day if you're not in the very specific niche of users that wants to be there for a reason other than e-peen, you'd be better off with a site like SCT.

Edit: and ca doesn't stand for Canadian. That's merely a coincidence. And yes, I view your post as hostile.
    well my bad if you felt my post was hostile(and my guess is because i assumed your nick meant canadian oak tree)

And apologies for not really reading your first post as well.It escaped me in the first place but upon re-reading it,its clear that you really don't find this 'sleek shiny' site to be as homely(confirmed by your second post).You joined with big expectations,it didn't live upto the hype and now you are either pissed or you just don't want people to make the same mistake as you did which is of course understandable.

I don't want to come across as being hostile again so allow me to imagine that am disagreeing with an academic.Logic demands that reasoning be assessed according to strict principles of validity and depending on the school of thought you subscribe to,logical validity is just but truth preservation.If truth is preserved from the premises to the conclusion of the argument then the argument is valid and sound,its invalid if the vice versa is the case.

Sound arguments are where soundness appeals to more than mere validity.We require more than logical connections between premises and conclusions for an argument to be sound.Soundness largely appeals to the truth of the matter.Therefore the conclusion of a sound argument is always true: This is not necessarily the case with valid arguments.

You might not see it but trust me,your argument is as vague as it can get.I'd be happy to shred it into pieces for the masses(me being hostile) starting with the obvious subjective tone but I think youse a cool kat and its no point to go down that road with you (me not being hostile).

Am infact sending you a friendquest ca

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #33
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad-Day View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post

Lol, internet jury. Did I say that my opinion matters? It really doesn't count for much.

You have to know that the brother excuse has been used before and it's almost impossible to be true, imo. Nothing is certain, though.
    youre too modest.
    Posts like that might get you in trouble here. Don't say I didn't warn ya when you start getting threthening PMs.

PS: Just kidding. Truth is my opinion might matter in some extreme circumstance. In no way would it be the most important, though.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #34
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I have found a couple things that seem extremely suspicious and that any potential inviter should really be aware of:

1. You don't "remember" the last two FSC requests you made, and claimed that this is your first? And on the 2nd FSC request you made, you also claimed that it was the "first" FSC request you made, yet you had made one just 3 weeks previously. Are you planning to use the "first" FSC request excuse on every thread?

2. Honestly, people who use the "my little brother" excuse have no shame. That is the most stereotypical, overused excuse in the book. Do you really think we're that naive?

3. You claim you aren't a trader, but you do have a recent, purposely left blank rep from a trader, palincarul. Care to explain that?

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #35
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    I have found a couple things that seem extremely suspicious and that any potential inviter should really be aware of:

1. You don't "remember" the last two FSC requests you made, and claimed that this is your first? And on the 2nd FSC request you made, you also claimed that it was the "first" FSC request you made, yet you had made one just 3 weeks previously. Are you planning to use the "first" FSC request excuse on every thread?

Tbh what I hate more is the phrase: This is my last req. Don't ever say that because you can't be sure. I can't say that I won't ever make a req thread again. why? Because I can't predict the future.

As for the number of reqs made, maybe the OP has a weak memory?
    Last edited by The_Martinator; 10-15-2009 at 09:04 PM.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #36
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    Am infact sending you a friendquest ca
    Curiosity got the best of me...had to look at your friends list. Thought it was very cool that ca aok was added to your list.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #37
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    cinephilia i am trying to pm you but your inbox is full..... please talk to me in private thx
    i cleared my inbox this morning before leaving home but my little bro logged into my fst account while i was at work - then he saw a pm from Bad-day and sent the invite to him!
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #38
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    i guess that i won't be getting an invite but here it goes:

as to the "first request" yes i forgot because i was in the army and didn't have that much time to spend on bittorent
    my brother did make the request and i have no way of proving that just as you don't have a way of disapproving it but i have confessed to trading a pt account why would a lie about revtt as for the rep point i don't really care about them and don't even remember how or why he gave it to me.......

Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    cinephilia i am trying to pm you but your inbox is full..... please talk to me in private thx
    i cleared my inbox this morning before leaving home but my little bro logged into my fst account while i was at work - then he saw a pm from Bad-day and sent the invite to him!
    hardy har har har got your drift m8 it's ok if you don't believe me like i said in the opening post i am satisfied with the trackers i have and with the content they offer as for community fst is great hope i can proove you wrong and change yoyr general opinion about me

topic closed
    Last edited by Totti; 10-15-2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234