Thread: Supersearch

Hello - does anyone know if there's a program or place I can use with OSX that will give me access to the "SuperSearch" utility that "Newsleecher" uses?

I can invariably find whatever file it is I'm looking for when I search with Supersearch though Newsleecher on my PC, but I can't find that same file when I run a search on, say, Binsearch, UNLESS I find it through Supersearch on my PC FIRST, and go back to my Mac and do an advanced search with Binsearch + keywords + the group name Supersearch turned up...so obviously Binsearch is not as intuitive, since the files are THERE but simply searching for their name turns up no result, while Supersearch turns up what you want right away.

I'm guessing that Binsearch didn't check the group the file I wanted was in, but I tried selecting both "search in the most popular groups" and "search in the other groups".

So basically, is there a search engine around that isn't a part of Newsleecher (I can't USE Newsleecher on my Mac) but is as powerful?

Thanks for any insight.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Use NZBIndex, use group keywords...

An example would be: #a.b.teevee Bones

An example would be: #a.b.hdtv Transformers

Also, if you looking for scene releases, just Google them and find the file name...

An example would be: Transformers 2 Revenge Of The Fallen DVDRip XviD-iMBT

Scene release name would be: imbt-t2rotf

Make any sense?
    [center]

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    It wasn't a scene release, that's why it was difficult to track down... NZBIndex turned up the same results as SuperSearch though, so that's what I'll use from now on. Thanks very much.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Well #altbin #a.b.hdtv #a.b.teevee release non-scene stuff to.
    [center]

5. Newsgroups   -   #5