Thread: Symantec Product Problems

razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    Due to various computer isssues I've had to reinstall my OS, (XP), more than once over the last several days. Now live update doesn't work. It's given messages saying that it can't connect to Symantec's server, or to check and see if my drive if full, and dumb shit like that. Or sometimes it does actually download the updates but won't install them, saying there's an internal error. It's not just the AV either. I've tried installing Norton AV 2003, Systemworks 2002, and Symantec AV Corp. and it's always the same. Everything installs just fine, but I can't use live update.
    I read somewhere today that Symantec only allows for 5 activations of it's product. So if I've had to install, uninstall, and reinstall products over and over again am I now screwed?
    I tried to get NAV 2004 form Kazaa last night only to have Windows say it was corrupted. WTF?

More issues.....
    Ad-Aware 6 pro won't let me dl the new reference file. I've tried to do it manually and Windows would not allow me to open the .zip file. So I tried to dl the free version from Lavasoft twice, both times Windows told me that it was corrupt.

I've been dealing with problem after problem for 4 or 5 days now and I'm really getting pissed.
    All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Symantec server has some problems with the updates,so try later(few days) Ad-Aware server was down two or three days ago,maybe the problem is back,same here try again.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Man if it's just as simple as that and I don't have to throw my computer out the window and run it over I will hug you!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by razorsharp013@7 October 2003 - 20:11
    Man if it's just as simple as that and I don't have to throw my computer out the window and run it over I will hug you!
    I reinstalled my os a couplle a days ago ,i tryed to download Ad-Aware and i don't even find the site for 2,3 days. Trust me .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by razorsharp013@7 October 2003 - 14:45

I read somewhere today that Symantec only allows for 5 activations of it's product. So if I've had to install, uninstall, and reinstall products over and over again am I now screwed?
    Would you know if that is true? Can't remember where I read it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I never activate a symantec product and i have updates.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    2004 requires activation not 2003.

Don't register and you can still use the updates.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@7 October 2003 - 15:23
    2004 requires activation not 2003.

Don't register and you can still use the updates.
    Actually I use Corporate which also doesn't require activation. I just tried it again and all the updates worked except for the definition updates.

So would this have anything what so ever to do with the fact that my software was obtained through not so honorable means and maybe Symantec killed my subscription?