Thread: How do I test the speed of a shared seedbox?

I am using a shared seedbox without root password. The only things I got are the remote control through WebUI and a FTP account. Is that possible for me to test the speed of my seedbox? If so, how?

Thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    It depends on which stream you want to test, ie. upload or download. It also depends if you have write (upload) privileges on the FTP account, as that would give a more accurate speed test as opposed to P2P.

What I recommend doing is downloading this torrent:

it has many good peers, I was able to get 11.2MB/s download. That will obviously test the server's download speed, now to test the upload speed we will use my cunning method for this, and that is Rapidshare. Make a collector's account for yourself (it's free), after logging in go to the remote uploads tab and input this url:

LOGIN - your ftp username
    PASSWORD - your ftp password
    DOMAIN - the ftp server you connect to (hostname or IP address)
    PATH_TO_FILE - this is the path to file you see when connecting through your ftp client, for example /downloads/file9384.rar
    This will give you a very good idea of what your seedbox's upload and download speed is.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    try contacting your seedobox provider and ask them for a speed test if that is what you are after?