Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dvd Player

mr.awesome's Avatar Poster
    go with apex, they are cheep and works good

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by cwctv@8 October 2003 - 17:38
    I am in the UK and just got the Yamada 6100 from Amazon read the comments about it.Yes it will play anything but the picture is in the middle not expanded to all the screen and no bigger than my 23" monitors ,this is on a 32" widescreen Pana'
    i wish the guy had wrote the comment before I bought this Dvd player so its back to the laptop to TV for me full screen then.
    Does the Kiss fill the screen or any of the others ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...9641477-7437244
    this is apparently a problem with the way the video was encoded...basically, if it waas encoded with a small resolution, then it will appear as a fraction of the screen size; whereas if it is encoded with large dimensions it will appear fine...

the new firmware due out soon will fix this by adding in an "auto-zoom" function, to allow the picture to fill the screen

in general, this appears to be a good value DivX-DVD. All makes have their problems at this stage, but it seems (from googling this one) that it is a stable, solid machine. And for £90 who can grumble? Its at least £50 cheaper than the Kiss 450, and you will struggle to get any others in the UK atm.
    <insert signature here>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123