Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bitme.org bans for using TOR like proxy---Myth?

Bitme.org bans for using TOR like proxy is that true or is it a myth. I am a avid collector of books. I am not much into BT but much into news groups. However they lack in audio books pertinent to educational materials. I was looking around for a bitme.org account. However I came across a user posting on yahoo claiming that despite his good ratio and helping other users he was banned because someone thought he used TOR. Could some member please enlighten me. Do they allow seed box usage?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Scytalle's Avatar ...Pariah...
    yes they allow seedbox usage. I've not seen many sites allow proxy's though.
    RiP bittorrent trackers, your age is ending
    -

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Proxies are bad because you can hide who you are. And to be a good bittorrent memeber you must throw pivacy out the window and be prepared to tell trackers everything they may ever need to know to help proscute you.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Seedboxes and proxies are a whole different business.
    while SBs are allowed, proxies are forbidden for obvious reasons.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    congrats on the forthcoming 4000th post make it a good one

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    imo he should write "I love Swepsycho" in size=5 and [B]-marked.

Sorry for bringin him up all the time, but he stands close to me

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Thanks for the replies. Interesting thought about proxies and it is true that using proxies would make it hard on trackers. I have never used a seed box before but here is what I was thinking.
    My taste in e books ranges from exotic to esoteric. I only have a 6/1 connection. So can I do like this? Download 40 gb of my exotic books. Then download the most sought torrents onto a seed box and upload it via the seedbox to cover the ratio. Is that acceptable or is it a problem?
    Last edited by nutcr0cker; 10-11-2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: added thanks

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    congrats on the forthcoming 4000th post make it a good one
    Thanks Sez (Yuhuuu post #4000) !

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by nutcr0cker View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Interesting thought about proxies and it is true that using proxies would make it hard on trackers. I have never used a seed box before but here is what I was thinking.
    My taste in e books ranges from exotic to esoteric. I only have a 6/1 connection. So can I do like this? Download 40 gb of my exotic books. Then download the most sought torrents onto a seed box and upload it via the seedbox to cover the ratio. Is that acceptable or is it a problem?
    its no problem but on a side note,their stuff plus stuff a whole lot more can be found on http://avaxhome.ws.
    Torrents suck for this kind of thing.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED
    so fkin random to ask if proxies are banned and then ask if seedboxes are allowed wtf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast