Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brittany Murphy dies at 32

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I'm not much of a gossip person, just remember her being in some films and she was hot...here's the story.

Hollywood expressed its condolences Sunday after the death this morning of actress Brittany Murphy. Public wishes came from the likes of ex-beau and costar Ashton Kutcher, Eliza Dushku, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Simpson (who called her "an incredible ray of Light"), Alyssa Milano, Fred Durst, Soleil Moon Frye and Kim Kardashian, among others.

Her "Clueless" costar Alicia Silverstone told People that although the two hadn't stayed in close touch, "I feel love in my heart for her -- and hope she is at peace. This is truly sad."

Murphy, 32, had just recently talked to "Access Hollywood," touching on her return to work after a three-year break and on spending time with her family, and sharing her New Year's resolution: "I'd love to have a child next year -- but that's kind of a large one."

Though foul play is not suspected, TMZ reports, Brittany's death is being investigated, which means that despite screenwriter husband Simon Monjack's wishes to the contrary, an autopsy will be performed. Toxicology reports won't be back for several weeks.

Keep reading ...

Her family issued a statement Sunday: "In this time of sadness, the family thanks you for your love and support. It is their wish that you respect their privacy."

Brittany was, of course, known for her roles in projects such as "Just Married," "8 Mile" "Happy Feet," and "Clueless." Her longest-running role? For 13 years, she was the voice of Luanne on "King of the Hill."

The Ministry has two top Brittany Murphy moments -- the ones that created that soft spot we have for her in our heart -- though you may have your own from among her best-known roles. Remember, these are from a fan's point of view, not a critic's.

First: Her super-hot chemistry with Eminem in "8 Mile" fairly jumped off the screen (you know the, ahem, interaction we're talking about, and it's not the scene at left, where they're chatting). Yowza. If you saw that, you'll never get Brittany out of your mind.

And second, our favorite (and we're not alone): The party scene from 1995's "Clueless," where as the crushing-on-a-boy Tai she did that little "rolling with the homies" hand-dance and singalong. She was only 18 at the time, and beyond adorable.

We can't find video of it except for one low-quality, non-synched version that someone clearly slammed up today to take advantage of the actress' death, so we're not going to post that. (Others online are jumping to various conclusions about Brittany's cause of death, and we're not going there just yet, either.)

G'head, play that "Clueless" scene in your mind's eye -- we dare you not to smile.

Sad stuff.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/goss...-reaction.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmb...ess-teen-movie

[center]

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Since it's news I don't see it as gossip .
    I actually posted that at another site , although I doubt many of the twits there know or care about the fact that a B-list actress they probably vaguely remember from "Sin City" and as Ashton Kutcher's wife in "Just Married " died tragically after years of heroin abuse.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 12-21-2009 at 05:32 AM.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    And Clueless

Didn't know it was heroine.

I meant gossip in the reasoning she died...
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 12-21-2009 at 05:42 AM.
    [center]

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    I just read about that today, there is noway she died from natural causes, she was too young not that many young healthy people die like that for no reason.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Seriously messed up apparently

It would be hard to describe Brittany’s behavior the past few years kindly. Increasingly odd choices took her life in a strange direction, and as far back as 2005 people were talking privately about an addiction to heroin and sexual compulsion. It didn’t help when Ted Casablanca of E! Online wrote this thinly veiled blind item:
    If I were you, I wouldn’t invite Jordache Junky to your son’s bar mitzvah. She might lure him into a stairwell and do him. Now, don’t get me wrong, girlfriends. Most boys would be thrilled to get into J2’s prissy undies. I mean, she’s been in, like, a million movies, many of which young boys just worship.That’s why I can’t believe what she pulled at a Hollywood bash last week. Gulp. There’s no delicate way to put it, so here goes: J.J. banged a cater-waiter. And she didn’t take him home in a doggie bag. Nope, J.J. jumped this dude’s bones in the damn stairwell.
    Murphy was the spokesmodel for Jordache at the time. Jordache + heroin = Jordache Junky. Her legal team wrote a swift and long winded denial, even though she was never actually named in Casablancas post.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    She was hot stuff too. RIP.
    See ya in another life, brother.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    It's the first time I'm reading about heroin.
    I knew there had to be some drug behind her death. I was looking at some of her photos and at several of them her eyes appear the one of a junky.
    Pitty, she was hot, and I'd definitely hit it if I were given the chance.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    greenoro0's Avatar Limo 4 Less Washingt
    So sad but she was so hot

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    The Sun and others are now reporting that Brittany Murphy was addicted to prescription painkillers after repeated plastic surgery, and when she died she was taking several unidentified prescription meds for flu-like symptoms. Us magazine quotes a source saying, “There were a lot, a lot, of prescriptions in the house.”
    The LA Times reported she died of cardiac arrest, and while the coroners office said the cause, “appears to be natural”, that may simply mean she wasn’t murdered, and nothing will be official until an autopsy, tentatively scheduled for tomorrow. The Sun writes…
    Brittany was pronounced dead at 10.04am yesterday following a heart attack. But friends believe it was brought on by a long-running struggle with prescription drugs.
    One said: “We have been very worried something like this was about to happen. Brittany has been living life on the edge. She definitely had a drug problem and we have all begged her to seek help. Sadly our words fell on deaf ears.”
    (She) was found unconscious in the shower by her mother.
    She collapsed in the bathroom and authorities are now looking into her medical history. Her family are co-operating with an autopsy which is planned for today or Tuesday.

Sound familiar? MJ and minus ( known) plastic surgery Heath Ledger.

I was just reading something the other day about how prescription drug abuse is out of control in the U.S. and how more people now die from legal than illicit drugs.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 12-21-2009 at 06:46 PM.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    There's no work-related stigma with prescriptions like there is other drugs. If you have a prescription, the company can do whatever drug test they want, they can't do anything about it. However, if you test positive for marijuana, you face trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast