Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Newsreader

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by equinox1024 View Post
    NewsLeecher is great under windows (and if you're happy to pay for it). I was using newsleecher however I'm using ubuntu now so I've switched to Sabnzbd which is a python based downloader and offers a web interface to work with. It automatically extracts and does all the paring on any downloads for you. Also, it works under pretty much any operating system.
    NL does the same thing....I'm pretty sure you can run it on Mac and maybe some sort of Windows emulator on Linux no?
    [center]

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by equinox1024 View Post
    NewsLeecher is great under windows (and if you're happy to pay for it). I was using newsleecher however I'm using ubuntu now so I've switched to Sabnzbd which is a python based downloader and offers a web interface to work with. It automatically extracts and does all the paring on any downloads for you. Also, it works under pretty much any operating system.
    NL does the same thing....I'm pretty sure you can run it on Mac and maybe some sort of Windows emulator on Linux no?
    I've tried it on WINE (Linux) and it hanged on the splash screen (can't remember which version). It still worked though.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...ation&iId=2506
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 11-03-2009 at 07:31 AM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    BANNED
    most newsreaders are worthless when compared to the sab/newzbin/nzbstatus combo.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Not when you have SS, then it makes it pointless to have that combo
    [center]

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by c0ld View Post
    most newsreaders are worthless when compared to the sab/newzbin/nzbstatus combo.
    Agreed. Even with newzbin lacking in retention lately, the number of reports and how everything is well sorted destroys everything else.

You just can't beat it, the functionality of the Holy Trinity.

SABnzbd+ / nzbdstatus / newzbin

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    dette's Avatar The Young Tech Geek
    I use Newsleecher, SABnzbd+, GrabIt, Alt.Biz, NZB, and NZBPlayer for streaming. Thats a lot and so far I like GrabIt and Newsleecher

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    There's also, Newsbin Pro Newsrover, and just the awesome awesome Usenet Explorer (but don't use it if you not willing to learn or a rocket scientist)
    [center]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12