Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Are torrent invite communities really trading in disguise?

Slickerey's Avatar <3 FST BT Rep: +2
    A couple of TorrentInvite.com's staff members come to mind when you're talking about people that can't even spell correctly. His seedboxes may be good but his attitude (and English) aren't good at all.

2. BitTorrent   -   #92
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    As far as I know it only takes two people to have a discussion ( or fight) so unless you want to amend "most people" to "no one " the comment is self negating.
    Not at all; you haven't considered interference or even participation rates.
    Last edited by vergo; 12-13-2009 at 05:05 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #93
    kurdt's Avatar Death From Above
    I'm sorry but I fail to see how trading section here shows that FST supports trading.
    I might be mistaken but aren't allowing and supporting two entirely different things.
    Many States allow marriage as young as 16 ( or younger ) but I doubt if you will find many that say they support anyone actually doing it.

TBS and the like may put themselves in a better light than FST by their stance but it the words ring a little hollow .
    Draconian measures may appeal to those lacking in intelligence but as example after example has shown they do very little in solving any problems ,they merely result in driving them underground.
    At least here at FST some people ,agree or disagree with what they do, acknowledge who they are and you then have a choice depending on your sensibilities with whether you wish to associate with them or not.
    allowing trading to go on sends the wrong message. especially to those new to private trackers, who see trading going on and think it's appropriate (meanwhile they may be inadvertently compromising the bit torrent community by allowing the wrong element into trackers).

whether it is technically supporting trading or not is irrelevant, because it has the appearance of support. it is better to avoid impropriety, actual or perceived.

if a forum doesn't support trading, it should ban members for doing it. yes trading will still continue somewhere, somehow, just like all illicit activities, but treating it as an illicit activity will send the correct message, teach the uninformed, and reduce trading overall in the bit torrent community.

4. BitTorrent   -   #94
    BABBY's Avatar simplicity rules BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    friend
    excellent i thing this is one of the best post
    I agree 100% with the original thread
    i read this post today but i was thinking the same thing since long

after all every thing is a trade which involves greed.

all invite sites are soft traders.

5. BitTorrent   -   #95
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by kurdt View Post
    I'm sorry but I fail to see how trading section here shows that FST supports trading.
    I might be mistaken but aren't allowing and supporting two entirely different things.
    Many States allow marriage as young as 16 ( or younger ) but I doubt if you will find many that say they support anyone actually doing it.

TBS and the like may put themselves in a better light than FST by their stance but it the words ring a little hollow .
    Draconian measures may appeal to those lacking in intelligence but as example after example has shown they do very little in solving any problems ,they merely result in driving them underground.
    At least here at FST some people ,agree or disagree with what they do, acknowledge who they are and you then have a choice depending on your sensibilities with whether you wish to associate with them or not.
    allowing trading to go on sends the wrong message. especially to those new to private trackers, who see trading going on and think it's appropriate (meanwhile they may be inadvertently compromising the bit torrent community by allowing the wrong element into trackers).

whether it is technically supporting trading or not is irrelevant, because it has the appearance of support. it is better to avoid impropriety, actual or perceived.

if a forum doesn't support trading, it should ban members for doing it. yes trading will still continue somewhere, somehow, just like all illicit activities, but treating it as an illicit activity will send the correct message, teach the uninformed, and reduce trading overall in the bit torrent community.
    I don't disagree but I'm not in a position to effect those changes.Sorry if that sounds like a cop-out but it's the truth .As for any perceived hypocrisy of my continuing participation in a site that de facto supports trading all I can say is that I believe that I attempt to push the site in better direction .

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910