Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16566364656667 LastLast

Thread: What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Lord Hornblower, by CS Forester... I believe it's an english classic, but as a french, I just discovered Hornblower a couple of months ago... I love these books and I'm currently reading all of them... (seing the tyranny of Bonaparte from the point of view of a Royal Navy officer of this time, spending his time to sink french ships is part of the fun, and the high adventure and ingenuity of the captain makes the rest).

2. Lounge   -   #652
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by jelogisa View Post
    Lord Hornblower, by CS Forester... I believe it's an english classic, but as a french, I just discovered Hornblower a couple of months ago... I love these books and I'm currently reading all of them... (seing the tyranny of Bonaparte from the point of view of a Royal Navy officer of this time, spending his time to sink french ships is part of the fun, and the high adventure and ingenuity of the captain makes the rest).
    Welcome to our French minority...people will tell you I am anti-French because I do not respect Chirac.

I don't respect Chirac, 'tis true, but I sincerely welcome our French contingent; don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #653
    Hax's Avatar Member
    I'm currently reading World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by SNL writer Max Brooks.

4. Lounge   -   #654
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    White Noise - Don DeLillo

The last book I have to write an essay about for my English course. Then I can get back to reading "normal" books.

5. Lounge   -   #655
    JordoR's Avatar Madden Champ!
    Tom Clancy - Executive Orders
    Peter: Excuse me, is your refrigerator running?
    Because if it is, it probably runs like you - very homosexually.

6. Lounge   -   #656
    Thanks, J2K4... As for Chirac, I'm not much of a fan of our ex-president myself ... Oops sorry, not yet ex-president: I'm two weeks in advance to say that...

7. Lounge   -   #657
    Lady LoTL's Avatar Neamhbhásmhar
    "The Return of the Prodigal Son" Henri J. M. Nouwen

Author shares insight gained into self while sitting and staring at Rembrandt's painting of the same name.
    He "probes the several movements of the parable."

Also reading "MICHELANGELO Complete Edition" by Ludwig Goldscheider.

teh...
    ...passions, whether violent or not, should never be so expressed as to reach the point of disgust; and music, even in situations of the greatest horror, should never be painful to the ear but should flatter...it and thereby always remain music.
    ~ Amadeus

8. Lounge   -   #658
    petra1210's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Nightmares and Dreamscapes by Stephen King

9. Lounge   -   #659
    leeter BT Rep: +2
    I'm reading bible.

10. Lounge   -   #660
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    My Study books