Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting news for STm, OiNK alternative?

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    2009-10-22 - Overwhelming success! The Scene Upload Contest resulted in over 5,000 manual scene uploads, and while the prizes have been distributed accordingly, many more are on their way. Congrats to gates on winning with over 600 uploads, ---- on placing 2nd, ---- on 3rd, and ---- & ---- on 4th and 5th, respectively. We can't thank the participants enough for all the hard work and dedication. We urge everyone on the site to continue uploading any scene releases that didn't make it to the site before the contest ended.

Freech + DU: To celebrate the success we've added Double Upload along with the site-wide Free Leech to give everyone a chance to grab as many releases as possible without worrying about ratio. We want to remind users that these perks are incentive to keep new uploads seeded for as long as possible, in order to keep the collection of music on our site growing. Anyone caught hit'n'running on their downloads risks losing their account, so please keep everything seeded at least 48 hours or up to a 1:1 ratio. According to our last poll, the most popular seeding ratio was 3.0, and if everyone seeded up to a 3:1 ratio we'd prolong the life of torrents on the site significantly. Please do your part to keep our community and music collection growing!

Welcome our new users! We've seen our userbase grow by over 6,000 users since the contest started, and we want to welcome them to our community here at STM----. Feel free to stop by in the forums to introduce yourself, or grab some torrents during freech + double upload. (Issues logging into the forums? Visit this page.)

2009-10-07 - Uploaders and Racers Wanted: If you have access to a large number of new scene releases, from any source, please contact -----. You need not apply if you do not understand what scene means.

---------

Good news for STm I guess, too bad the site is too buggy at the moment
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    placebocrazy's Avatar shadow BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    STm users are doing a great job. The website has some problems, but I hope they fix it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    lol@oink alternative
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    placebocrazy's Avatar shadow BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    lol@oink alternative

the alternatives are what and waffles. I never tried oink, but heard that those "w" trackers are the alternatives.

Personally I don't like what, I prefer Waffles.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    i was member of oink back in the day and i can tell you that waffles and what.cd are more than a simple alternative..
    Last edited by cinephilia; 10-24-2009 at 02:00 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    i was member of oink back in the day and i can tell you that waffles and what.cd are more than a simple alternative..

so let me ask, cause I got curious, for you which one is the best music tracker in these days?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    i'd say depends on your needs.
    while what.cd obviously has a larger selection, waffles seems to have more rare gems in some music categories and sub-genres (italo disco, funk, soul for example).

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by placebocrazy View Post

so let me ask, cause I got curious, for you which one is the best music tracker in these days?
    as of today
    waffles

what
    EXERCISE CAUTION HERE

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Also Waffles uses mostly same layout as OiNK did, while What doesn't.

I don't mind What.cd, but it just feels so very impersonal on Gazelle code. Like if you want to say thanks for a perfect FLAC in the comments, you would also be saying thanks for all other formats.

@gionman

The numbers mean nothing when it comes to feeling at home.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 10-24-2009 at 02:24 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    waffles= feeling home approved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast