Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mullohand Dr.

Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Im going to say that this movie is "hands down" one of the most confusing movies I've ever seen.

I can't tell if the main character Diane was having a dream, fantasy, disillusions. The only other movie that has made me think so much is Persona, a 1960's movie whose plot was similar.

Since the main character in Persona was having double personality illusions, I'm going to think the same for Mullohand dr.

My final opinion of the plot is that Diane used to be in the movie business but she wasn't a good actress. So she made up this whole fantasy about being a good actress etc.. and in her fantasy she involved characters from the movie industry like Camilla, the director, the directors mother, the cowboy.

The fantasy was going good until she started becoming lost in it and couldn't figure out which one was her real character, Diane the real her or Betty (her fantasy's personality)

I think the fantasy started to go bad at one point and the voices of her made up characters started to disturb her everyday life, so she just killed herself.

That's what I thought of the plot, simply as a fantasy gone wrong.

What theories did you guys come up with?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    After watching Mullohand Dr. , and this is merely a theory mind you , but I think that having lesbian scenes improves just about any movie.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    After watching Mullohand Dr. , and this is merely a theory mind you , but I think that having lesbian scenes improves just about any movie.
    O hell yess.. You don't know how much I was wishing to see them make out, even though I knew it wouldn't happen...You can imagine how I felt when it really did happen lol

When the brunette reached over to give Watts a goodnight kiss in the forehead in the bed scene , her breast was right in front of Diane's face and I was begging for her to grab it.. The suddenly Watss kissed her. I sweare it was like a christmass gift for me

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    To answer you more seriously, even though I was serious about the lesbians and I might add Naomi Watts' nipples,

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    An occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge—in two forms, as it was dreamed, and as it was lived and died. This is the stuff of fantasy, the thread of imagination...the ingredients of the Twilight Zone.
    It's possible that both movies use the same idea of fantasy.

Like the guy fantasizes about escaping and meeting his wife at his moments of death, Naomi Watts fantasizes on how different life could have been, at her last moments before she pulls the trigger.

At the end they both find out it's a fantasy and both proceed to their fates, death.

Interesting movie btw.. Im surprised you were able to find a similar plot hole so quick. Your "watched movies" catalog must be large
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 10-24-2009 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    No David Lynch told me but he's a wack job so who knows if it's true or not.

I have to do now Todd Solondz is coming over for dinner and he's a prick if he has to wait.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-24-2009 at 09:41 PM.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    No David Lynch told me but he's a wack job
    He's a real nut job indeed. I realized that just after watching Inland Empire.

I don't think I'm ever going to watch any Lynch films ever again after this one

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    I have to see this movie heard it is a real Lynch masterpiece and that it is one of the most confusing movies out there. If anyone likes David lynch then they should watch Blue Velvet excellent movie

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    All the great movies that Dennis Hopper has been in but Blue Velvet's Frank Booth is what he will be remembered for .
    I'd like to post a quote but I think about every line he gave had the word fuck in it.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    I'd like to post a quote but I think about every line he gave had the word fuck in it.
    lol. He aced that role. If you wanna see another of his great performances, watch the TV series Crash Season 1. He acts just like he does in blue velvet most of the time, like a physho but it's very very funny and entertaining

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast