Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ubuntu and utorrent

been following the guides to install utorrent it installs but never pops up and when i make a launcher for it it just keeps going back to the setup line to install any ideas?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    . BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    go through terminal and write this

sudo apt-get install wine ' and press enter '

wget http://download.utorrent.com/1.8.2/utorrent.exe ' and press enter '

wine utorrent.exe ' and press enter '

sudo apt-get install proftpd ' and press enter '

sudo /etc/init.d/proftpd stop ' and press enter '

sudo /etc/init.d/proftpd start ' and press enter '

now utorrent and ftp working
    Last edited by waeldiab; 10-25-2009 at 06:58 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    even doing it that away get an error that utorrent is already running but not responding so to close all utorrent open applications before it loaded the gui

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    . BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    try to remove u torrent and do it again

and write this

sudo apt-get install wine ' and press enter '

wget http://download.utorrent.com/1.8.2/utorrent.exe ' and press enter '

wine utorrent.exe ' and press enter '

sudo apt-get install proftpd ' and press enter '

sudo /etc/init.d/proftpd stop ' and press enter '

sudo /etc/init.d/proftpd start ' and press enter '
    Last edited by waeldiab; 10-25-2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Deluge

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    ^ Definitely. I wouldn't mess around with Wine and Windows clients too much unless you have to.

Try a native client. And in my opinion Deluge is the best native client. KTorrent is also pretty good. So is Transmission, but the gui is lacking.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    ^ Definitely. I wouldn't mess around with Wine and Windows clients too much unless you have to.

Try a native client. And in my opinion Deluge is the best native client. KTorrent is also pretty good. So is Transmission, but the gui is lacking.
    I loved it

Also try rtorrent

utorrent ran just as good as it did on windows.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...ation&iId=6824
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I had a similar issue - it ended up that my users folder within .wine never got created for some reason. I had another user id working already on the system though, so I just copied the /home/.wine/users folder underneath the other user ids /home/.wine folder

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Speedo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    After installing wine in terminal all you have to do is download utorrent from their website and wine will automatically install the exe file.

Deluge used to have limited options but the newer versions have much the same options that utorrent have. I can't find a thing I miss from utorrent in deluge.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
    After installing wine in terminal all you have to do is download utorrent from their website and wine will automatically install the exe file.

Deluge used to have limited options but the newer versions have much the same options that utorrent have. I can't find a thing I miss from utorrent in deluge.
    Thats what you're went to do with WINE .

Check the db to find out if an app has compatibility issues.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast