Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the latest software and hardware for my pc?

Hi,

i want to ask that What are the latest software and hardware that i can put in my PC i have brought a new PC but yet not installed any software i want to put all the latest software from where can i get the list for it & my next Question is is XP better or VISTA some say vista some say xp please guide the benefit of xp or vista and the trouble of xp and vista please provide the answer in full detail
    ----------------------
    Last edited by Cabalo; 11-28-2009 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Deleted those links

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    the choice of xp versus vista is (imo) a matter of preference. there are some who say that vista is bloated and will slow your pc, but it really depends on what you use your pc for. if you're just using it for surfing and a bit of word, excel etc then i think the look and feel of vista is quite nice

alternatively, ive been using windows 7 on my netbook and i like it a lot. its got the visual effects of vista, but doesnt feel as bloated - it runs fast on my netbook which is very low powered
    <insert signature here>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    dadelor's Avatar Supercalafragalistic BT Rep: +4
    what exactly do you mean by latest software? do you mean drivers and firmware, or other programs for multimedia, communications.....etc.? software you can run depends on what kind of system youre working with?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    A. Wrong section.

B. Windows 7 was just released. Why you'd even consider XP or Vista is beyond me.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bips123 View Post
    Hi,

i want to ask that What are the latest software and hardware that i can put in my PC i have brought a new PC but yet not installed any software i want to put all the latest software from where can i get the list for it & my next Question is is XP better or VISTA some say vista some say xp please guide the benefit of xp or vista and the trouble of xp and vista please provide the answer in full detail
    ----------------------
    The latest software for your computer.

The latest hardware for you. You'll need it to install the software

And just flip a coin for which os to use, that piece of software runs on either, so you're sorted, really.

In all seriousness, there's like a bajillion possible possible bits and programs you may find handy. You'll just have to re-write your question and specify what you intend to do with your rig, and what you think you lack to do that.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 11-28-2009 at 04:56 PM. Reason: removed OP's links

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    A. Wrong section.

B. Windows 7 was just released. Why you'd even consider XP or Vista is beyond me.
    Yeah, I've heard nightmare stories about Vista. And from what I've read, Windows 7 sounds nice.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Vista was fine.
    It worked without issue on every machine I installed it on.
    Win 7 is better.

90% of the nightmare stories you heard were probably user error...hell, I still get nightmare stories over XP.

People are for the most part, stupid.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    inthistwilight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Vista was fine.
    It worked without issue on every machine I installed it on.
    Win 7 is better.

90% of the nightmare stories you heard were probably user error...hell, I still get nightmare stories over XP.

People are for the most part, stupid.
    Vista did eventually work all the bugs out. I think most people gave up on it in the first few months and just let the media blow it all out of proportion. That being said, I agree Win 7 is much better. I've been using the RC for months and I don't think I've really had any problems.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Did someone delete my post in this thread?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Dunno, did they?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast