Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dropped digi cam - insurance?

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Ok i dropped my 400$ camera while on vacation. It does not work anymore. Black screen.
    I have travel insurance...

How do i make sure the insurance gets me a new one, or atleast pays?
    Do i say someone else knocked it off the table? i dropped it? it was stolen etc?

I have not yet read through the terms of the basic travel insurance, but what would be best procedure in order to get a new camera?

Thank you in advance.

%

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Say you did it at home and claim it on your home contents insurance (assuming you have accidental damage cover)

That's what we did in a similar circumstance.

I'm full of top tips today

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Will check out my administrative wife if we actually have "home contents insurance"
    if we do i intend to drop a lot more.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    SelfMadeMMAn's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    How long have you had the camera? Why claim it if it is under warranty
    Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    You may very well have a deductible on your homeowners insurance and that won't do you any good.

If the camera isn't dinged up or physically damaged, I'd claim it under warranty if that's still an option.

I once bought a PS3 that I knew was stolen (it was still a week or two before they actually came out). It stopped working about a year later but I wasn't about to send it to Sony for repair. I went to the local electronics mega-store and bought a brand new one with cash, took it home and used a hair dryer to heat up the manufacturers seal on the box and swapped out the units, then resealed the box and returned it. Worked like a charm.

yo

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty

7. Lounge   -   #7
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    You may very well have a deductible on your homeowners insurance and that won't do you any good.

If the camera isn't dinged up or physically damaged, I'd claim it under warranty if that's still an option.

I once bought a PS3 that I knew was stolen (it was still a week or two before they actually came out). It stopped working about a year later but I wasn't about to send it to Sony for repair. I went to the local electronics mega-store and bought a brand new one with cash, took it home and used a hair dryer to heat up the manufacturers seal on the box and swapped out the units, then resealed the box and returned it. Worked like a charm.
    You were born to steal share, eh?

-doobs

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Warranty is a no no me thinks...
    Bought the camera this summer (july), was a bit harsh on the bastard, it got sand in it, too much good times, had to vacuum it to get the lense coming out properly, so they will find grains.
    The final death dropping of it has left no marks what so ever. So maybe yes... warranty.
    But what is the best bet to get a new camera from insurance?
    If i try warranty and it fails, then go to insurance, they will know i tried warranty, no?

my photos now look like this

9. Lounge   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo

I don't think I'd ever admit to that.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless

Busyman would be proud...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast