Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: rate my 7 step plan to get an HDBits invite

WhoopDeDoo's Avatar Cutie <3 BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    There used to be a 3 step plan to getting an HDBits invite... Get invited to Waffles, get Power User status, and get a free invite from there.

I don't care for HD so I never requested one. But yours might work if you spend enough money on it, kind of defeats the purpose of torrenting though.

Music lover, baby.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    seems a bit desperate

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to learn all you said and make great presentations on a already respected torrent site? First get a good nick and layout for the titles. Then work on the presentations. Good screens, easy to find links, info about the encoding, good nfo, easy to understand narration, and no flashy big letters. Just keep it clean and never stray from you standard. Do that for some releases and suddenly everyone wants you.

I'm just guessing here
    only problem is it'll be months at the very least before you make a name for yourself through that and most definitely even longer before you are anywhere near well known among all sites...i doubt his plans are to wait anywhere near that long (since most likely HDBits will be open again by then anyways)

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    LOL.sarfice goat

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Seems like a solid plan. Only problem is that there are no invites anymore

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    GoldStoNe's Avatar Elite Member BT Rep: +2
    There are lots of other HD sites out there. Try out HDChina and HD-Torrents. Lately, WiKi, the guys in HDChina, are beating even scene groups in releasing new movies. The Chinese are among the best pirates in the world 'coz they steal directly from Bluray factories. It's not surprising to see full Bluray uploaded in their sites first than other sites or even before they are sold in the market! On the other hand, HDBits are slow in releasing their internal encodes since most members buy their own Bluray discs or steal from the Chinese HD sites.

HD-Torrents is also a decent site 'coz they steal a lot of good encodes from HDBits. Also, their internal encoder HiDt make side-by-side comparison of source and encode to show quality. The only good thing with HDBits is if you're looking for rare and old encoded movies. Torrents don't easily die there because of the number of seeders. But for new and popular movies, any HD sites with reputable internal encoders will do.

Join these newer torrent sites. Make unholy alliance with the Chinese pirates. Find ways to steal discs before anyone else. Be a very good encoder. Make screenshot comparisons between your encode and well-known encoding groups. Show the world how good you are and how the other groups suck. Then, maybe the HDBits people will notice you and invite you in because you have something to offer!
    Last edited by GoldStoNe; 10-31-2009 at 05:24 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Frankthetank1's Avatar Über User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    hd torrents is no good and never hear of hd china which cant be good. bithdtv i actually like
    Last edited by Frankthetank1; 10-31-2009 at 07:16 AM.
    “Just because you’re miserable doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your life.”

DO NOT RANDOMLY PM ME ASKING FOR INVITES!

8. BitTorrent   -   #48

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    there isn't that huge difference there used to be. Bithdtv has grown a lot due to HDB's invite policy.
    Sure HDB is still bigger, but it won't take many months for them to be nearly equal in number of torrents if it keeps this way.
    Except not. Bit-HDTV has 17536 torrents, which may or may not be growing closer to HDB's 21587, but to say there isn't a huge difference?

Firstly, quality of releases, this speaks for itself.
    Secondly, Bit-HDTV has less the 56k seeders, HDB has more than 228k seeders... Suffice it to say all HDB's torrents are seeded WAY better.
    Thirdly, HDB actually has its own cappers and rippers, not just encoding groups

... and HDB has been closed for what? A year now? Yeah, Bit-HDTV isn't surpassing HDB anytime soon, try again next time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345