Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: {Req} FTN

The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Also if you are a " true movie " fanatic you would not limit yourself to recent ones.Again just my opinion but in doing so you are more defining yourself as a pop culture fanatic and a movie one.
    God Martin watched the original Robin Hood and even more amazingly liked it.Who knows what's next Captain Blood , The Treasure of the Sierra Madre ,Aguirre: The Wrath of God
    Aha, I watched a Cosby show episode on TV last week and Bill said Errol Flynn was his fav actor and Captain Blood his favorite movie. Will look it up.
    Last edited by The_Martinator; 10-28-2009 at 01:25 PM.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #32
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Although it's been said before, this is a clear case of level seeking even if you deny it. If you really just wanted a ratioless 0-day, you could join PTM (which is easy to get into and a nice site with decent pre-times). And as already said, F*C may as well be ratioless, they get things shortly after these other sites you're requesting, and this request just seems silly in general. And as for better retention, I'm surprised that F*N has the retention it does... it's one of the only ratioless sites I know without strict seeding rules and seedbonuses.

Also, since several members on the site you just joined are in positions of prominence on both trackers, perhaps you could keep being active there and eventually someone might help you out.

I don't see why you read through the WTAW thread and then decided that these trackers were the only ones that could fulfill your needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #33
    forfos's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Good luck for this REQ ..but your req is so hard lol

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #34
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I swear this fucking thread gave me a headache. I think it's the combination of orange and the WALLOFTEXT from kool's posts.

But anyway dude, I say slow down. Enjoy last week's request, you were fortunate enough. Since apparently you already got what you were looking for, and you said you wouldn't request FTN, why make this request? (Rhetorical question , no need to walloftextviolate me)

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #35
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    wow i slept through half a day and i've got a barrage of posts here lol...all (fine most ) are really good responses though...and i seem to agree with most too...lemme go thru them anyways (sorry kushblow lol)

@The_Martinator...see, its just what I mean...I dunno much about these trackers other than what I read...and nowhere did it seem that FSC and FTN had much in common...after reading thru these posts though, I'm obviously wrong about that statement...as such, even though I would "eventually" like to get on FTN, it does seem I perhaps don't need it now...that said, I am now interested in PTM since a number of y'all seem to recommend it to me...would you say, its worth having for me?

also if I had indeed waited before making this request, I wouldnt've gotten this many replies now, would've I? ^^

@brightsid...it seems most people didn't get the meaning of why i wrote that...i was saying that I'll never request FTN over FSC (just not worded properly) and indeed I never did

@Funkin'...well without a question, FSC has become one of my fav trackers...irrespective of which other trackers I join, I'm def. gonna keep up with FSC so yeah, FSC is indeed awesome...that said, I always though there was much difference between FSC and FTN...but if there isn't (like you said)...well then that's a real shame

@IdolEyes...lol I was waiting for your reply...I kinda enjoy responding to you

aite so here goes:

see I didn't know (or couldn't tell) that FTN and FSC had so much in common...if I knew I def. wouldnt've requested it...I thought that instead FTN and SCT had much in common and that I had a better chance of getting into FTN than SCT (hence the request)...I also didn't realize that FTN had paid invites otherwise I probably wouldnt've bothered...also, like I've been saying...FSC is awesome...I'm just hoping to find another tracker that's awesome (even if not as good since I doubt any are that good)

as for movies...well yeah you are right...most "real" movie fans would stick with old movies...I'm not questioning that either...its just that most of the old movies that I watch, I prefer to watch them on TV (since they are potentially easier to find)...whereas, I only d/l the new movies...so yeah, I'm not saying old movies are bad...on the contrary, no new movie comes anywhere near the old ones...however, I only d/l new movies (have only done that so far anyways) so I don't want to "waste" an invite to karagarga or some specialized movie tracker per se

As for donating...again I think I wasn't clear in my explanation (mind you, I was half-dead when I typed this earlier so hopefully I'll make more sense now)...you are right that people would happily donate for friendship, help, support, etc...but do you really think that a thread requesting the respective site (such as this one) is enough to invoke emotions (or w/e else it needs) so that the inviter is willing to splash out cash for the person (like me)?...I would've thought that any person who spends cash on another person would instead prefer to get to know the person better....perhaps chat through msn, discuss other stuff...you know just get to know the person better before they go ahead and burn some cash...that's my opinion though

also the way torrent sites are going, I don't think I make for a very good user tbh...I'm saying this because most sites seemingly would like to go paid...whereas, I've always been a little stiff when it comes to paying cash (there are sites I would happily do so for when I have the cash, with FSC being the latest addition but they are few and far between)...either way, I'm not on any of these paid sites so my comments are rather intangible in all truth (other than DT, but I joined there when it was open sign-up ages ago)

@ca_aok...well its just like I've been saying...as much as I would love to, clearly I can't please everyone...I will agree with you though that perhaps PTM is indeed what I'm truly looking for...again, I just don't know really because these mini-reviews where mostly the reviewer is complimenting these sites, hardly tell the real scenario regarding these trackers (i.e. if its worth having or not, or for that matter, what the site truly offers)

that said, I still think FTN is a good site to have...fine it perhaps has a lot more common with FSC than I realized but atleast my gut feeling tells me that there are still a number of things differentiating the two that they both can be worth having at the same time (I could be wrong though ofcourse)...and yeah, I'll perhaps end up getting into the site through FSC only...still doesn't hurt to ask here...besides if nothing else, I, at the very least, enjoyed this discussion (can't say everyone else did though - I'm looking at kushblow lol)

@forfos...indeed it is a hard one...if it wasn't...there wouldnt've been a 4-page discussion lol

and finally @kushblow (you are gonna hate me for this haha)

firstly, I dunno what's the orange you were mentioning...I do have a bad habit of rambling though (as you obviously wrote )

secondly, since you don't exactly want an answer to why I made this request (although I did mention earlier why I did) I won't bother replying to that either...still its nice knowing that you actually read through this thread (atleast partly) despite getting a headache from my posts lol

cheers everyone!
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-28-2009 at 11:39 PM.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #36
    imo ban kooltillend from fsc.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #37
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Moksu View Post
    People who can put more than four words together (and make sense) are a rare find. We need more like him, not less.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #38
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by kooltilldend View Post

as for movies...well yeah you are right...most "real" movie fans would stick with old movies...I'm not questioning that either...its just that most of the old movies that I watch, I prefer to watch them on TV (since they are potentially easier to find)...whereas, I only d/l the new movies...so yeah, I'm not saying old movies are bad...on the contrary, no new movie comes anywhere near the old ones...however, I only d/l new movies (have only done that so far anyways) so I don't want to "waste" an invite to karagarga or some specialized movie tracker per se

As for donating...again I think I wasn't clear in my explanation (mind you, I was half-dead when I typed this earlier so hopefully I'll make more sense now)...you are right that people would happily donate for friendship, help, support, etc...but do you really think that a thread requesting the respective site (such as this one) is enough to invoke emotions (or w/e else it needs) so that the inviter is willing to splash out cash for the person (like me)?...I would've thought that any person who spends cash on another person would instead prefer to get to know the person better....perhaps chat through msn, discuss other stuff...you know just get to know the person better before they go ahead and burn some cash...that's my opinion though
    I watch a lot of old movies on TV too.It's cool to just discover something on a rainy Saturday afternoon instead of going to the trouble of downloading something based on another person's opinion that you may or may not like.
    If the movie sucks on TV you simply turn the channel or turn it off no harm done.

About the donating bit kooltilldend I would honestly do it for you if I thought you'd gain anything by being on either of those sites ( ScT or FTN ) .
    My favorite site for newer things is IPT basically because I have enough to worry about in life already without having to live up to anyone's expectations as well.
    KG is good but is more for the cinephiles and artsy types than I ever will or have the desire to be.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #39
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Kooltilldend - I want to ask you something, in all seriousness. I'm not trying to mock you in anyway, just trying to get a clear and concise answer to something that seems unclear at best from this thread:

What are you looking for in a/this tracker?

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #40
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    I watch a lot of old movies on TV too.It's cool to just discover something on a rainy Saturday afternoon instead of going to the trouble of downloading something based on another person's opinion that you may or may not like.
    If the movie sucks on TV you simply turn the channel or turn it off no harm done.

About the donating bit kooltilldend I would honestly do it for you if I thought you'd gain anything by being on either of those sites ( ScT or FTN ) .
    My favorite site for newer things is IPT basically because I have enough to worry about in life already without having to live up to anyone's expectations as well.
    KG is good but is more for the cinephiles and artsy types than I ever will or have the desire to be.
    indeed! watching old movies on a rainy weekend with a cup of coffee and perhaps some popcorn...ahh it feels like heaven!...ofcourse if the movie sucks then you can always change the channel and try something different...there's a lot to do if you know where to look ^^

also for the donating part...again I don't know the worth of either of those sites which is why I don't expect anyone to donate tbh (ofcourse now that I realize its the only way to get in, that statement is a little ironic lol)

also I personally loveeeeeeeeeeee IPT as well...I joined that site much after I joined TL and RevTT but IPT is incredible!...they are def. not lacking in content, their seeding system is nice (i.e. the bonus), the staff is decent...really what's not there to like about the site?

p.s. I'm still on those 3 which is why I never looked too actively for the likes of FTN and SCT but I'll probably not last on RevTT as I simply can't manage to find leechers for anything there (i'm still doing alright on the other 2 though - and intend to keep them as well since they are both very decent sites)

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moksu View Post
    People who can put more than four words together (and make sense) are a rare find. We need more like him, not less.
    thanks mate!...atleast someone appreciates a proper response instead of a few words of nonsense here and there

@Moksu...surely you don't mean that for me writing a long answer? that's just mean

@Rart...hmm I'll be honest with you...I don't really know

I mean, from what I can read everywhere...these are clearly two of top sites in trackers (and i don't mean by levels - but in actuality) so more than anything else, I feel surely there must be something that they offer which makes them as such...I mean, I was never on FSC before too and now that I'm on it...I can see why its so special (which it is imo)...so I keep thinking that perhaps there's something about these 2 sites as well...

I mean sites like Pedro's are obviously at the top too but I already know I don't need what they offer (hence why I'm not looking for them)...on the other hand, these two sites, I just feel that I can actually make some use out of them...perhaps I'm wrong, but again there's only one way to find out, don't you think? ^^

another thing is you see I wasn't sure what I'll find in a tracker like IPT when I joined it...I mean I was told its just a poor man's TL but believe me its anything but that...its easily one of my fav trackers now and it was surprisingly easy to find as well...it was like a blessing in disguise yet even today the site is so heavily under-rated that its almost unbelievable

hope that answers your question
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-29-2009 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast