Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: {Req} FTN

Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by kooltilldend View Post
    hey mate! thanks for your response...in my reply, i'll admit you are partly right...you are partly wrong too though imo - here's where i feel you are:

yeah i can write a lot lol...i like writing poems so its a bit of a natural tendency to "go with the flow" lol

you just wrote that I'm a good user to be had at any tracker (assuming you believe that statement) - well if I am then why does it matter that I am a member of a site I joined recently? I could've joined another site recently through separate means and then made a request here too...no-one would've complaint then? (since no1 would've known you'd think)...just b'coz some1 was kind enough to invite me here should be irrespective to another site I'm requesting, don't you think? perhaps if the two had much in common then it would be a different story (I def. felt this was not the case before I read a few posts in this thread...now I kinda agree with y'all)

also you are right...I got into fsc for the community and tbh I couldn't be happier...I love the site, have already made a bunch of friends and really its one of the finest sites I'm a member of now...but again, what does that have to do with ftn? If ftn is as good as it supposedly is...then that just means, I have two wonderful sites that I'm a member of...anything wrong with that?...maybe if ftn too was all about community but it isn't, is it?

FTN, from my understanding, is about torrenting, scene, pre-times and so on...despite being a great site...none of these are the primary aspects of FSC (atleast most are not)...to me, that's enough reasons to want to join a very good site

now finally onto your point about my posting spree...if you checked properly, you would've seen I had hardly any (if any) posts after last Dec...that's because I graduated from uni back then and had been going through a bit of a nightmare...in all fairness, I still am but things are certainly somewhat better now...really my whole torrenting life had taken a backseat since last dec and only got better maybe a month or 2 ago

as for FSC's request...that came from seeing a request that was posted just before mine (something I mentioned there too)...in all truth, I didn't think it would get filled but thankfully it did...so I figured, it wouldn't hurt to try again...at worst, I won't get in...and well, its not like I am getting in any other manner anyways...hence this request

as for spamming...well I "am" a spammer (i.e. a big poster)...I have over 10k posts on another site, more than 1k on a large number of forums and had at one point posted over 1k posts in a single day!...i'm not trying to boast anything here...but am trying to explain why this sudden surge in my posts shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone (and infact if things remain stable for me...this will def. become a norm rather than a random scene i promise)
    so you are wanting to go into ftn cuz of their scene/pretimes? If so have you done some digging on, what ftn offers. if it was just for scene,pretimes, why wasn't ur request for scc or stn(new tracker open for signups and has better pretimes than ftn). you just requested ftn becuz it is rarer. I certainly c no problem of you being invited to ftn , eventually it will happen.

having 10k posts is truly a great achievement, hats off( if you combine all my posts on every single forum, you will beat them by a huge margin.)

btw, how long have you been torrenting?
    Last edited by awaited; 10-29-2009 at 12:03 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #62
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    Hi mbm,long time no chat .
    Well i'll speak assuming that you are responsible for his fsc membership.In logic they'll say that its ok then for us to assume that perhaps your views on him are subjective,no?.

Personally I don't have a problem with him nor do I care if someone sees the good in inviting him.But one thing that has thrown me off about all this is the utter dishonesty and the fact that he refuses to acknowledge it.Slymester would find more than a dozen contradictions in his stories if he was to dig through his post history.

Why wouldn't he have just said from the onset that I want to be on ftn because I don't know why I want to be on ftn?

It would have been ridiculous but at least it would have saved him the lies.

@kooltilldend,the difference between your ftn request and eram's sct request,is that he didn't lie unlike yours which has all the lookings of a chasing hit and runner(smart of you to avoid the post count question by the way).

Never assume entitlement by the way and am really hoping that this bucket list wasn't made with such in mind.
    wow its incredible how much stuff you can "assume" without knowing

firstly, the only part mbm has inviting me is that he vouched for me on the other thread (like some 10 others)...he didn't invite me but i respect the fact that he vouched for me (just like i respect you criticizing me too albeit i hate the fact that you have made multiple baseless assumptions and criticisms against me)

so you are telling me that i'm lying in this thread, right? care to explain how or where I'm lying?...also a hit n runner is someone who doesn't seed his torrents after leeching...what has that got to do with this thread, I'll never know (fyi I seed torrents for months...if that's a hit n runner then umm yeah i dunno what to say)

and where did i avoid the post count q? i already answered it...hell i gave a very in-depth response to that...you are the one who didn't read and expect me to repeat myself...something i plain refuse to do (since you aren't willing to read my responses in the first place anyways)...in short, you've made up your mind and have left me no choice but to merely agree to disagree

have a good day ^^

Quote Originally Posted by awaited View Post
    so you are wanting to go into ftn cuz of their scene/pretimes? If so have you done some digging on, what ftn offers. if it was just for scene,pretimes, why wasn't ur request for scc or stn(new tracker open for signups and has better pretimes than ftn). you just requested ftn becuz it is rarer. I certainly c no problem of you being invited to ftn , eventually it will happen.

having 10k posts is truly a great achievement, hats off( if you combine all my posts on every single forum, you will beat them by a huge margin.)

btw, how long have you been torrenting?
    @sez...see this is a criticism based post but yet its one that makes a lot more sense than yours...he clearly read what i wrote and is responding accordingly...and for that i do respect him

@awaited...no i don't want to get into the site for pre-times or scene stuff...i had mentioned this earlier too but I've already been on scl and scc in the past and neither site was for me...so no, scene stuff doesn't really interest nor impress me...i only used those 2-3 things i mentioned as examples of what ftn seems to be about (and sct is def. about - but i want sct for different reasons such as the packs, etc)

so then why do i want to get into ftn? well other than the community aspect (which btw i only found in a post a day or two ago)...no real reason tbh (even the community aspect is a weak reason i agree...since fsc does wonders for me there)...my real reason to join is no bigger than what megabyte wrote (incredibly well written btw..i'm kinda expecting that from him now though )...it may seem nonsensical for a reason but i feel its more than legitimate than a lot of stuff/reasons i've seen here...besides again, there's no real way to assess a site until one actually joins it and sees for themselves (surely everyone agrees with at least this much)

p.s. i forgot to answer one of your q's...i started torrenting about 6 years back...i joined my first private tracker (one of the biggies nowadays infact) in April 2004...I had been using public torrents for about an year before that...while I had been using Soulseek, Shareaza before that (Morpheus before that and the one and only Napster in the very start) - also used Emule and Limewire temporarily fairly recently but I'm more or less addicted to torrents now

oh and also those 10k posts came on the site that I joined in April '04...I had absolutely 0 posts till 05 though (as I only used the tracker) but then I went to the states in 05 and had at least 7k of those 10k posts in less than an year (none of this was rubbish spam btw...since if there's one thing I'm proud of then that would be the fact that my posts make complete sense (they get winded up often though since i start talking in separate tangents)...I went on a hiatus for around 6months in late 06 (again a lot of real life issues) and then joined one of my fav trackers in 07 (which I even staffed temporarily)...and well, the rest is history
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-29-2009 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #63
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    the thread, kool. I do think there is still something worth discussing here...

I find this request personally interesting because I have thought about requesting FTN myself. I haven't because it is really more of a curiosity than anything else. I have simply heard good things about it and would like to take a peek. I cannot make a much better argument than kool has.

It is also interesting to see members of both FSC and FTN (among others) post how unnecessary it is to be a member of both/multiple sites. Are all of these well known, and generally respected, members "collectors"? Is their membership "wasted"? I don't think anyone would call/consider them that. I certainly am not. In fact, I kinda expect that they have either been on, or are currently on, all of the "sites of scarcity".

So why is there resistance for someone like myself (assumably, since I have not asked) and kool who have had the good fortune of being accepted to FSC? If we are community members "in good standing" who occasionally add something to a conversation why should there be objection to us taking a look around?

I am not advocating an open door policy, or a "key to the BT kingdom", but this kind of gauntlet seems a bit excessive for someone who is known to be (at least a minor) contributor to the community. Don't most of us have the same curiosities? Since FSC does live up to the expectations placed upon it, how many others are equally good? FTN is one that has that reputation...
    The only person that I can speak for is myself and all I can say is that I was invited to FTN long before FSC and the reason that I sought an invite on FSC was that the community on FTN , which I thought skewed kind of young for me wasn't giving me what I wanted. I hoped for something different from FSC , which to a slight degree I achieved .It's also the same reason that in time I looked beyond FSC.
    I see now though that one 0day site's community isn't much different from another and the best that you can hope for is good staff and a few decent people to talk to.
    Therefore like most people in my situation I've steadily been reducing the number of general sites that belong to because unless you truly are in it for the e-p what is the point?
    That said even as I advise against it as being ultimately fruitless I don't "blame" anyone for wanting to check things out on other sites.

Notice I haven't mentioned torrents up to this point because if that was all that really mattered everyone would belong to one site and we'd all be one great big happy family waiting for the Feds to bust us.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #64
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Therefore like most people in my situation I've steadily been reducing the number of general sites that belong to because unless you truly are in it for the e-p what is the point?
    there's none, i agree (i haven't yet reached your situation though as there's still 2 sites I would like to visit before I start trimming)

That said even as I advise against it as being ultimately fruitless I don't "blame" anyone for wanting to check things out on other sites.
    precisely my point

Notice I haven't mentioned torrents up to this point because if that was all that really mattered everyone would belong to one site and we'd all be one great big happy family waiting for the Feds to bust us.
    a scenario already seen by numerous sites upto now (mostly public but its the same thing)

really there's little more that needs to be said...i'll still keep this thread open though since perhaps some more might want to chip in with the discussion started by megabyteme...that said, i also urge everyone to please not talk about my request anymore as pone44 rightly said...my request has already reached to those whom it truly matters to while, everyone else's opinion (including mine) mean little more than dirt at this point

p.s. perhaps a mod can change the thread title, remove the extra "flab", start this thread from megabytme's post and move this to the legitimate section as well)

cheers!
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-29-2009 at 01:25 PM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #65
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by kooltildend
    another thing is you see I wasn't sure what I'll find in a tracker like IPT when I joined it...I mean I was told it's a poor man's TL
    Whoever told you that obviously isn't very bright. And that's a fact.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kooltildend
    another thing is you see I wasn't sure what I'll find in a tracker like IPT when I joined it...I mean I was told it's a poor man's TL
    Whoever told you that obviously isn't very bright. And that's a fact.
    well this was ages ago mind you...IPT was still very much growing (still is but wasn't growing as well back then)...imo IPT actually surpasses TL now...or even if it doesn't...its very very close to doing so

p.s. he still wasn't very bright though i suppose
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-29-2009 at 03:18 PM.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #67
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    wow its incredible how much stuff you can "assume" without knowing
    I thought that was the whole point of the internet

and where did i avoid the post count q? i already answered it...hell i gave a very in-depth response to that...you are the one who didn't read and expect me to repeat myself..
    Well I haven't seen it and your posts are just too long to re-read,I won't mind if you quote it though.

something i plain refuse to do (since you aren't willing to read my responses in the first place anyways)...in short, you've made up your mind and have left me no choice but to merely agree to disagree
    well if I haven't been reading your posts then how on earth would I know that you are being repetitive?

PS-I've re-read your request again but am yet to see anything to convince me that am wrong(and ca_aok,you were indeed right about these kind of requests)
    Probably another long post but what's your take on pre-times?

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #68
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    The only person that I can speak for is myself and all I can say is that I was invited to FTN long before FSC and the reason that I sought an invite on FSC was that the community on FTN , which I thought skewed kind of young for me wasn't giving me what I wanted. I hoped for something different from FSC , which to a slight degree I achieved .It's also the same reason that in time I looked beyond FSC.
    I see now though that one 0day site's community isn't much different from another and the best that you can hope for is good staff and a few decent people to talk to.

I agree 100%. Although I joined F*N after F*C it was mostly for curiosity's sake and as a backup (I tend to worry about takedowns, which is a good thing given some recent events). I also agree that the communities on many 0-day sites are similar, and that the staff are a huge part of the site itself. I find those two sites have quite a different feel from the typical 0-day sites (the larger ones) which seem to be populated by a bunch of angsty 13 year olds.

I usually prefer the communities on exclusive content sites (movies or music for example) because they usually stimulate a different style of discussion. It really depends on what the members make of their respective sites though.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #69
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    I thought that was the whole point of the internet

and where did i avoid the post count q? i already answered it...hell i gave a very in-depth response to that...you are the one who didn't read and expect me to repeat myself..
    Well I haven't seen it and your posts are just too long to re-read,I won't mind if you quote it though.

something i plain refuse to do (since you aren't willing to read my responses in the first place anyways)...in short, you've made up your mind and have left me no choice but to merely agree to disagree
    well if I haven't been reading your posts then how on earth would I know that you are being repetitive?

PS-I've re-read your request again but am yet to see anything to convince me that am wrong(and ca_aok,you were indeed right about these kind of requests)
    Probably another long post but what's your take on pre-times?
    fine I'll reply to this...but please let this be the last post on my request...I'm kinda done with it (no its not fulfilled yet if you are wondering but that's ok)...the only reason this thread is open is because I found megabyte's discussion interesting and I would rather read more responses to that (i've had enough on my request anyways)

anyways here goes (and this is not a copy-paste from before either):

the reason for the sudden surge in my posts is nothing out of the blue...if you'd look thru my post history properly, you'll see my posts have declined considerably since dec 08 (that's when i graduated and tbh was going thru a bit of personal trauma - am still recovering but things are def. looking up now)...so yeah, most of my posts have been more since the last month or two...also most of these posts were in the bittorrent section (that was until cabalo suggested me to be active elsewhere too - hence why my posts are everywhere nowadays)

as for my FSC request...as I said in that very request, it came totally after seeing another request that came a few days before mine did...I figured it wouldn't hurt to try my luck after seeing that request and so I made the FSC request and quite frankly, much to my surprise, it actually got filled

and that's where the FTN request comes in as well...since the FSC one got filled, I figured I'd try my luck with FTN too...since its the only way I can think of to get in there (i.e. not making this request wouldnt've gotten me anywhere anyways - regardless of whether this is successful as well or not)

and finally, seeing that I went on a posting spree lately shouldn't come as a surprise to you (or to anyone else for that matter) since I personally love posting and have been doing so for a long long time (I have over 10k posts on one particular site for instance)...on the contrary, if things remain stable in my life, you'll def. see me posting this much more often than not

cheers!

p.s. as for your q about pre-times...the only good thing about them is that it tells me that something new has been posted and could potentially be something I've been looking out for...whether its been posted 1 sec after its pre-time or an hr, I couldn't care less (if its say maybe a day or two later then that's a different story)

can we please stick with megabyte's topic now? if you wanna respond to me or criticize me further or w/e else (which btw is fine with me)...can we please take it to PM's since I def. agree with pone44 that these sites really do not need any further unnecessary attention
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-29-2009 at 04:13 PM.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #70
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    I was really avoiding posting at this thread, but I can't resist it any longer.

I will make only one question: why didn't you request Pretome instead of FTN ?
    This is your 1.000.000€ moment of truth.
    My question still stands unanswered. I'm pretty sure that with very little digging out you can get all the info about PTM.
    I'll advance some details:

PTM's torrent count is 45k, against 10k at the other site
    Members at PTM 19k against 4,5K
    Forums way more active at PTM, which was to be expected since they have an higher number of members.
    Both are ratioless.
    Both site's speeds maximize your connection easily.
    PTM's pretimes are fair square with the other sites, many times even beating them, as you can easily check at trac3.me

Now, why would you prefer FTN over PTM? Are you going to say because they are all the same, but you prefer smaller communities? Well buddy, i've got news for you, you just joined the best torrent community one week ago.

I'm eagerly awaiting for your point of view.

Too much text on this thread, time for some pics.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 10-29-2009 at 04:52 PM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast