Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: {Req} FTN

kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    Right so some fellas might think this is a bad idea as I had a request filled recently...but I think its the best time to make this request because quite honestly, by getting that request filled, I was kinda able to prove my worth around these parts...it helped me to tell the members here that I'm trust-worthy and am deserving of the site I requested (my inviter felt that way at the very least - something I'm very proud of and am also very thankful to him about)

Anyways I figured it wouldn't hurt to make this request since at the very worst, I won't get into the site...well that's not a big deal in the sense that I'm not gonna get into the site in any other way anyways...so yeah, I'm taking my chances with this request...let's see what happens

Now then, on with the actual request:

To be quite honest, I had mentioned this before too but FTN is indeed one of the prime trackers I've always wanted to get in. Again, like my other request, I only know so much about the tracker (the info. which is posted here and in other places) and I can't recall any comment degrading the site...i.e. its indeed worth having and certainly worthy of the elusiveness that the site currently possesses

So then, why do I want to get into the site? Well there's a number of reasons so lemme just go thru them here

For starters though, I want to clear up that I have a number of trackers that offer scene stuff (not necessarily with the same pre-times as FTN or others of the nature but really pre-times are more hype than anything else imo)...that said, I still feel I can get a lot from FTN which I cannot get elsewhere...here's why: None of the sites I have deal with packs a lot (other than TL but seeding packs there can be a real hassle)

Also, I'm a movie fanatic (again something I had mentioned in the past) and am gradually getting into TV shows as well - both of which from my understanding are something that FTN excels at - again although pre-times aren't "very" important to me...if I can indeed get something quicker at one site than the other (say a few hrs if not days earlier) then that can only help, right?

Another key aspect for me is the community...now that I am indeed on FSC, I can proudly say, this is exactly what I was looking for in terms of community...and again, from my understanding, FTN has a very good community too (and staff)...infact, if its anything like FSC...then its not just a good-thing-to-have...rather it can easily be the main reason to be on the site!

Another thing without a doubt is that the no-ratio (more or less) helps! I'm not on a rapid connection here (4 mbps cable - decent but not great by any means) but I still seed torrents for a long long time (sometimes even months) since I never shut-down my laptop (unless for updates, etc)...as a result, even if I sometimes cannot seed stuff directly...I always manage to seed for as long as I possibly can

Also for what can I offer to the site...well other than the obvious (hopefully interesting posts, etc)...I have about 1.5tb of content (mostly anime, some movies and about 50gb of music - all mp3's) so I could perhaps eventually help upload some content there...I don't expect to be able to do that right when I join though (I doubt they expect the same from any new user - let alone myself)

Finally, if the above seems like I don't know much about the site...well then that won't be too far from the truth...like it was for my earlier request, I only so much about these sites from what I read everywhere...to learn about the rest, I simply have to be on the site...and hopefully, this request will help me achieve just that...

cheers!
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-28-2009 at 12:33 AM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Well written - and you pretty much already mentioned anything I would have said in criticism in your post.

Good luck

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    thanks mate!...always appreciate support (well i don't mind criticism either but I can't encourage that now, can I? lol)

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    FSC, now FTN... how come you always request the hippest ones?

ok, FSC is known for being a community tracker and your request wasn't that bad... but c'mon, why would you need FTN one week after getting in a tracker you didn't even take the time to enjoy?
    FTN is just a ordinary 0day tracker and its community is as common as any other random torrentsite ("rate that ass", "best gif ever" etc...).
    you're a movie fanatic and you're after a great and mature communauty ? why not requesting Karagarga ? tehre are also some great sites like TehConnection or PassThePopcorn. no ratio ? you can always ask for Pretome: good content, pretimes and speeds (not as cool as FTN though) and so on...

man, it's so blatant you're just looking for pretexts in order to get in all the "cool places"... hope you'll think twice about that.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    well I already stated the three sites I was interested in (FTN, FSC and SCT)...so this request really shouldn't be all that big of a surprise

that said, if indeed FTN is just an ordinary 0-day tracker then yeah you are right...I guess I don't really need it...its just that I read the review here and it said the site supposedly has a very good community and is also very good at scene stuff (I don't have any specific scene-oriented sites)

As for Karagarga...well I thought that tracker focused on old movies...personally, I hardly watch any 80's movies - let alone anything yet older...so I feel I won't really be getting much use out of that site...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though

also I don't really know much about the other 2 sites you mentioned (will look into them now)...Pretome sounds very good too - again I don't know much about it...you did suggest its not as good as FTN though (assuming that wasn't sarcasm)

also I'm not really sure what you mean by that last line...believe me I have no interest in any sites other than FTN and SCT since I don't want to collect any sites...I only want to get into sites where I can hopefully get what I actually need (hence why I don't want to get into Pedro's, FTWR, etc...since I don't listen to FLAC's)

so yeah...based on what you said...it seems that we kinda agree on one point...I def. don't need this site if its just an average 0-day tracker...however, if it is anything more than that (in terms of community, content, etc) and is perhaps the best tracker with a no-ratio system, then it is indeed worth having

if I'm wrong though then feel free to let me know and I'll indeed remove this request

cheers for the help!

p.s. finally I am def. enjoying FSC! I already have over 500 posts there in less than a week...if I was indeed simply collecting the site...I wouldn't bother posting there, would I?

also if you are wondering why I didn't request SCT well its because I really don't think anyone here will actually be willing to spend cash on anyone else just to invite them to a site...I know I wouldn't and hence why I don't expect any better from others...as such, FTN is perhaps the "easier" and maybe even better option - if I do get in that is (its a very big "if" however)
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-28-2009 at 02:45 AM.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I think accumulating 500 posts in under a week illustrates something other than enjoying the community =/

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    well it may not be enjoyment for others (i personally think it is since most of those replies have got responses but fine i'll let that one pass) but at the very least it does suggest that I'm enjoying being there and intend to stay there for a very very long time ^^

also I'm not very good with words so I probably can't prove myself on this but believe me, I'm def. enjoying myself there and I never spam randomly...you can go ahead and read my posts here too...I try to make sense out of most (if not all) of my posts

ofcourse there are places where spam is precisely what's expected...and so well, that's what I provide too
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-28-2009 at 02:49 AM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    BobFromAccounting's Avatar Is it Friday yet?
    Not to shit on your parade or anything, but...
    oh and if you are indeed wondering then no I won't be requesting FTN anytime soon either since I feel FSC is more useful for me (and vice versa)
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-ano...50/postcount29

Maybe it's just be, but I think generally most people consider 10 days to be "sometime soon", and quite frankly if I were a potential inviter and saw that I would pretty much immediately discredit you because it seems like you're willing to play whatever tune is necessary to get what you're after, which in this case appears to be a quest for l33t track0rz.
    Last edited by BobFromAccounting; 10-28-2009 at 03:10 AM.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    well there's nothing wrong about what I wrote there...indeed I wanted FSC more than FTN...but the point is, I'm already on FSC now

what's more, I also mentioned that most people will feel that this is indeed a very early request considering one got filled recently (which it is as I myself said)...again I already stated why I requested it despite having one request filled so soon

anyways, after all's said and done...at this point I'm most intrigued by what cinephilia said...if indeed FTN doesn't offer much special then maybe I really don't need it afterall

p.s. that said, I know a number of people here feel that FSC too doesn't offer anything special...but tell you what, I don't agree with that one bit...FSC is everything that people told me and more!...in short, the site is every bit worth its hype and I couldn't be happier to be on it

also I just want to add one more thing...from what I read and people say...there's very little (if anything) that's common between FSC and FTN...as such, there's very little point in comparing the two...again, this isn't something I fully realized before...but now that I am indeed on FSC, I can see exactly what people meant by that...as a result, I think its a bit silly to discard this request just 'coz I requested FSC a few days ago - if however this request is discarded because my reasons aren't strong enough to join the site and/or the site itself indeed isn't anything special...then that is by all means fair and I would honestly accept such a thing...now if I had requested SCT and now was requesting FTN (or vice versa) then this statement wouldn't hold true because from my gathering, the two have a lot in common...unlike the two currently mentioned

again feel free to correct me if i'm wrong though
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-28-2009 at 03:25 AM.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    he sure can write alot
    collectors.. gotta get em all?

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast