Thread: 2k Driver Problem Maybe?

Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i have another post in hardwareworld but i havent got anything bad yet, so i thought i couild try in here see if it could be driver related,

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=72361

what do u think, everything works fine in xp, but after i install the graphics driver in 2k and restart the screens just blank, it boots fine, but just stayts blank after the loading screen

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Well normally I would just recomment to contact compaq like you said but they will not be much help if they supplied you XP and you trying to install 2000. Is there not 2k drivers from the card manufacturer?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    the card is an ati mobility u1, or an igp320m, same thing im sure, if u go to the ati site it tells u to go to your computer manufacturer for drivers, i got the drivers fromt he compaq sit, 2 different ones, and they both do the same.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    LeGoMyFnLeg
    If you can start in safe mode and get to the desktop, then it's the driver.
    If it still won't get past the boot or log in screen, then windows is not loading properly.
    If you can get into desktop or startup config, change to a graphical or diagnostic boot and you should see which service is hanging. It will look similar to a linux startup with all processes listed and scrolling on screen with results.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    its sounds as if it is starting fine, but the screen is just blank, its fine when it shows the 2k loading screen. but goes blank after that.

another thing i thought was maybe thatthe refresh rate is set to high when the driver gets installed, but i wiped the system again and put xo on so i could use it, im gonna try putting 2000 in again after the weekend

edit: and yeah it starts fine in safe mode, and also boots fine before i install the drivers