Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Starting Problem...

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    ...doors are frozen shut.

This the second morning of Denver's biggest October snowfall in twelve years.
    Yesterday I cleared the car and driveway three times, this is just the overnight accumulation.
    For comparison, here is the back deck, untouched since the snow began...

I later stuck a yardstick into the tabletop...27".

Yesterday morning the bunnies were tanking up on water in preparation for the days to come...

This downspout is a particular favorite of theirs but I don't think they can even find it today.

Oh, BTW...the car actually did start right up, not that I have anywhere to go.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Lounge   -   #2
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I thought Denver was located in a part of the US where it snows often and a lot (but then again I always sucked at geography). We've had it worse. Once I drove my car at the top speed of 35 km/h (it didn't go any faster as it lost traction when you added gas, lol) because of the snow on the road.

Don't know why it wouldn't start, though. It doesn't look that cold (though how could I tell from a pic, lol).

Ps: Happy winter time! I hope you're liking it.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Denver gets a few big storms every year but they are typically gone in just a few days.
    Little known fact...Denver gets more days of sunshine than Miami and it's rare to go more than a day or so without sun.

The problem with this storm is that it started as freezing sleet, so underneath the snow is a nice glaze of ice and slush.
    Even the 4 x 4's are sliding around, it would be suicidal for me to attempt going anywhere- even if the ice didn't get me the car would high center on the drifts.

Winter ain't my favorite season but we're projected to be in the 60° range again by Monday, so I'll just grin and bear it.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Little known fact...Denver gets more days of sunshine than Miami and it's rare to go more than a day or so without sun.
    Suggest you go outside and shovel in your bathing suit then.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Fuck you winter.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Denver gets a few big storms every year but they are typically gone in just a few days.

The problem with this storm is that it started as freezing sleet, so underneath the snow is a nice glaze of ice and slush.
    Even the 4 x 4's are sliding around, it would be suicidal for me to attempt going anywhere- even if the ice didn't get me the car would high center on the drifts.

Winter ain't my favorite season but we're projected to be in the 60° range again by Monday, so I'll just grin and bear it.
    There is a say here in New England, if you want to know how the weather is, wait five minutes, we didn't have any snow yet, and that is a miracle. I hate the ice and sleet, I hope we won't have any this year.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I want snow like that this winter. Can you send some over here?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    My fist thought was that a real rabbit

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    I want snow like that this winter. Can you send some over here?
    Gladly send you all we get.

Quote Originally Posted by LubTheStaringCat View Post
    My fist thought was that a real rabbit
    What do you mean...it is a real wabbit.
    They live under the big fir trees you see in the background, probably five or six of 'em that I see daily.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Last year they had quite a lot of snow in Belgium and the country literally ground to a halt for about 2 days.

They very rarely get any heavy snow over there so they were not at all prepared for it and had no clue how to deal with it.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast