Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seedbox Providers, Any Suggestions

nucks2424's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Provider : Seedhost.Net
    Type : SHared with 2 people
    Speed : 1 gigabit

What a nightmare this has been. I wanted to try a gigabit box so i went with a big name company. It has been a disaster. First they said it would take a day to setup and it took 5 days and no responses to my 3 emails. I finally opened a dispute with paypal and magically 10 minutes later they emailed and apologized and said the box would be up in a few hours. When I finally got to use it the max upload speed was 5mb/s for maybe 30 seconds, then it would go back down to 300k. I already had a 100mbit seedbox and after numerous torrent files downloaded by both the 100mbit and gigabit box at the same time the 100mbit box was 10 times fater in total uploading then the 1 gigabit box. I emailed them and told them the speed was crap and they said I wasn't downloading the right torrents. I said a 50gig file with 3 seeders(me one of them) and 50 connectable leechers doesn't get 200k on a gigabit box and 10mb/s on a 100 mbit box. I said they need to take off the caps and give me the speed I paid for. THey then cancelled my account. A total of 9 days of pitiful speed and horrendous service. I am waiting for paypal to settle the dispute. Maybe others have had good realtions with this company but I say STAY AWAY !!

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster
    I have used Xirvik.com for about 4 months. I like them very much.

I have had good service and good speeds from Xirvik.

p.s. what is all the crap in this thread about seed boxes? The OP asked for a recommended seedbox host... not your opinion on whether a seedbox will be necessary.

He wants a seed box. Many of us are quite happy with our seed box. Maybe we use a seed box for reasons that you cannot understand.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123